• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam users are review bombing Hi-Fi Rush...

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I pray Tango can somehow break free and be independent, preferably along with their IPs. MS could at least give them that chance instead of taking em out behind the shed and put two in the back of the head.
Presumably they could just start their own studio.

If they were super organised, they could probably set up a go fund me to give proof of concept and then get a deal with a publisher.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Too late, obviously, but I'd like for this to grow into something.
Sadly it’ll only help selling a game from a closed studio and the money goes into the axe man’s pockets. Too late as you say. Not sure what it could lead into besides some humor that MS closed the studio of their highest rated game.

Topher

Gold Member
Sadly it’ll only help selling a game from a closed studio and the money goes into the axe man’s pockets. Too late as you say. Not sure what it could lead into besides some humor that MS closed the studio of their highest rated game.

This is always the way, for good or bad. "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's only charming when used in moderation. Eventually the publishers will get pissed off enough that Valve does something about it.

Downvoting all their other games.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Maybe Phil’s successor will wear a HiFi Rush shirt on stage in 10 years and well get a sequel from the Battletoads devs

Last edited:

midnightAI

If they want to teach Microsoft a lesson review bomb all other Microsoft games, doing this won't do a thing, it's not like MS will change their mind and not shut down the studio, it's already happened and I doubt any ex-employee will way anything to do with MS after this.

(I am not condoning review bombing by the way, just saying on this instance it won't have any effect anyway)

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This is when it gets a bit absurd. I understand what they're attempting to do, but it doesn't do anything. It's also not going to "fix" anything either, the damage is done. It would make more sense to cancel Gamepass subscriptions or something along those lines.

Agreed. Good intentions, but will result in nothing meaningful.

Microsoft are not going to reserve their decision or look at this and decide never to shut another studio again.

Sophist

It's only charming when used in moderation. Eventually the publishers will get pissed off enough that Valve does something about it.

They already did:

The steam review documentation for game developers; What they can do and can't about the reviews.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
If I was Sony, I'll hire all the ex-Tango team to reform a studio, let's call it "Flamenco Team" and give them a nice budget for their next project...

simpatico

Played this for a bit on Gamepass. Should probably buy it on Steam. Don't see myself resubbing anytime soon to GP.

Fredrik

If I was Sony, I'll hire all the ex-Tango team to reform a studio, let's call it "Flamenco Team" and give them a nice budget for their next project...
Yeah and let them make a spiritual successor called Higher Fidelity Rush, or Higher Rush, Ultra Rush, with slight tweaked story but more or less identical in gameplay, like Dark Souls was to Demon’s Souls.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Jaysus whomg, it's like someone just dropped a liter of undiluted entropy into the MMO of life. Fucking craziness in gaming lately, cats and dogs etc

Top Bottom