• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade demo launches on PS5 March 29, with save data carrying over to the full game

Greetings. This is Hyung Tae Kim, director of Stellar Blade. We are pleased to officially announce the upcoming free playable demo for Stellar Blade, coming March 29 to PlayStation 5.

The demo takes place from the very beginning of the game when Eve, a member of the 7th Airborne Squad is sent to Earth on a mission to reclaim the planet from the Naytiba, up to the first boss fight. This first stage will include the tutorial phase to help you familiarize yourself with basic combat features as you explore post-war Eidos 7, a human city now infested by the Naytiba, giving you an early grasp of gameplay mechanics that will serve you throughout the game’s story.
We also have a little surprise included for players who complete the first stage.

From the smooth 60fps combat to the haptics, you’ll feel through the DualSense wireless controller, there are various charms of the game that you can only confidently appreciate through hands-on experience.

For those who complete the demo stage, you can carry over your save data when the full game releases on April 26, starting from the last checkpoint. Please note that save data must be stored on your PS5 system.
The Stellar Blade demo will be available starting Friday, March 29 from 7am PDT / 2pm GMT.

Alongside the demo, the full game will feature the following language options:

Voice Over: Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish.

Text: Korean, English (US), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Arabic, Turkish, Thai, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.

We greatly appreciate your anticipation! Mark your calendar for April 26, and make sure not to miss the preorder bonuses. The time for humankind to reclaim Earth has nearly arrived.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Nft Licking GIF by Chubbiverse

We also have a little surprise included for players who complete the first stage.

From the smooth 60fps combat to the haptics, you’ll feel through the DualSense wireless controller, there are various charms of the game that you can only confidently appreciate through hands-on experience.

For those who complete the demo stage, you can carry over your save data when the full game releases on April 26, starting from the last checkpoint. Please note that save data must be stored on your PS5 system.

vQ2sUv4.gif

Blindy

Save data transferring over to main game is a new thing going on within gaming that I just love. Feels like you get more bang from your buck for the time spent on a game.

Nothing oozes confidence more than a demo almost 1 month before the release of your big game. Love it, can't wait to play.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Save data transferring over to main game is a new thing going on within gaming that I just love. Feels like you get more bang from your buck for the time spent on a game.

Nothing oozes confidence more than a demo almost 1 month before the release of your big game. Love it, can't wait to play.
True! I didnt think of that!

Now that makes me wonder when the reviews will be permitted to drop? I'm guessing like a week before release and NOT the day before release like Rise of the Ronin?

RCU005

All butt jokes aside. I really want this game to be as good as Nier Automata was.

It somehow feels like a Deja Vu with that game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope the game delivers on the combat, even with sexy designs it means nothing if the combat is not fun.

Unicorn Overlord has plenty of gorgeous character designs but I keep coming back to that game thanks to its excellent gameplay.

DonF

I really want this game to be good. My devil may cry/Bayonetta action game thirst hasn't been quenched in years.

Eiknarf

Banned
Can't wait. The demo will either make or break the purchase decision for me.
Same

What if you guys play the demo and don’t find it fun? What if you don’t like the gameplay loop or combat?
Is a “pretty protagonist” enough to pre-order? Will you still buy it if the gameplay is not as good as you wanted?

Crayon

I just pre purchased the physical version over the weekend to show some support! I think the last time I did that was with strive and returnal in 2021.

Idk if I'm going to play the demo, though. I already bought it so might as well get into the whole thing blind as I can.

Top Bottom