• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar blade demo on PS5 (revoked from PSN as mistake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luipadre

abdB9bf.jpg
8vyPpYV.jpg
crushed noo GIF

Complistic

Please share these details when possible:

• If the framerate feels solid or shaky
  • If the gameplay feels responsive or not
  • If parries and dodges feel good or off
  • If the controls are able to be changed
  • If the animations for actions are clear or don't match the responsiveness
Performance mode seemed very smooth, there was a lot of things happening in the intro and I didn't notice any loss in frames. The intro looks great too even at that setting. Combat felt fine to me, there's a lock on, I'm probably not the best judge on it though. Parrying did feel good though.

Performance mode seemed very smooth, there was a lot of things happening in the intro and I didn't notice any loss in frames. The intro looks great too even at that setting. Combat felt fine to me, there's a lock on, I'm probably not the best judge on it though. Parrying did feel good though.
I appreciate the response and no worries I'm not expecting a DF-style breakdown from you lol.

I am just looking beyond all of the sex appeal because I want to know if a good game lies under it. I made dumb gaming purchases as a teen and bought some crappy games in the past due to there being a hot character on the cover(like X-blades).

I just don't want to spend money on a pretty game that shakes T&A in front of me like jingling keys while the actual gameplay feels hollow.

Markio128

I’ve just watched around 10 minutes of a stream and I think it’s fair to say that this game is looking pretty damn good! I haven’t been this interested in a demo for a long time. I wants it.

Complistic

I appreciate the response and no worries I'm not expecting a DF-style breakdown from you lol.

I am just looking beyond all of the sex appeal because I want to know if a good game lies under it. I made dumb gaming purchases as a teen and bought some crappy games in the past due to there being a hot character on the cover(like X-blades).

I just don't want to spend money on a pretty game that shakes T&A in front of me like jingling keys while the actual gameplay feels hollow.
Feels meaty so far, there's skill trees and a camp mechanic where if you rest some enemies respawn too. Bonfire basically. Music is surprisingly good too.

JaksGhost

I shut off my PS5 this morning before I went to work but I was able to snag it from the store on the app. I'm hoping it downloads when I get off, if not that's fine. At least we know a demo is coming. Now release one for Rise of the Ronin, too!

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Finished the demo. Going to have to spend some more time with it but everything has more weight that I was expecting and combat, maybe because of this, doesn't feel as fluid as I was expecting and seems to have a larger focus on blocking, parrying and dodging. Not really a fan of having to hold a button to collect dropped resources either. It's very nice visually and it's giving a hybrid vibe of Bayo and Nier for some reason. The size of the skill tree is almost intermediating. The demo boss was pretty easy.

p.s. Anyone figure out how to open the chest that is beneath the tree-impaled subway car?

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I cant play this game as id be erect all the time thinking of thumbing my tiny cock into her and my wife would not be happy with me.
I think I’d get the look from the wife and then an atta boy for my grandpa ass pulling something with such stature. 🙃

JaksGhost

Finished the demo. Going to have to spend some more time with it but everything has more weight that I was expecting and combat, maybe because of this, doesn't feel as fluid as I was expecting and seems to have a larger focus on blocking, parrying and dodging. Not really a fan of having to hold a button to collect dropped resources either. It's very nice visually and it's giving a hybrid vibe of Bayo and Nier for some reason. The size of the skill tree is almost intermediating. The demo boss was pretty easy.

p.s. Anyone figure out how to open the chest that is beneath the tree-impaled subway car?
I saw there was an Auto Loot option that collects it for you when you go over it. Similar to Horizon which I turned on immediately when given the option in that game because damn it got boring do that over-and-over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom