• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade: NieR Replicant/Automata composer Keiichi Okabe is involved

Go_Ly_Dow

I was watching this which made me look at his Wiki to see what else he was up to and spotted his involvement in Stellar Blade.

M6DW9fi.png

Followed by the source:

Music seems really important to Stellar Blade. Can you talk about how you decided on the songs and what we can expect from the soundtrack?

Kim:
The music is an important element in the game that really portrays the world view of Stellar Blade. We have about 100 tracks on the soundtrack, and most songs have a kind of chorus or some kind of human voice in them.

Around 60 per cent of the songs were created in-house, while the other 40 per cent were created by a sound studio called Monaca, led by composer Keiichi Okabe. Okabe-san was the composer of NieR.

So it seems like he'll have some notable contributions to the soundtrack.

Last edited:

laynelane

This is great news. Great soundtracks in games are such an integral part of the experience for me and I love the music in Replicant and Automata.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I haven’t missed work since the beginning of the year and the first time I’m taking some PTO is for this fucking game.

Support small devs 🙏🏻

Edit: And really hopefully this is one of those games that spurs the industry into more of a smaller studio\tighter project direction.

…but I doubt it

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Shift Up director guy seems to be a big fan of NieR. So, I wonder if there are other freelance staff involved from either S-E or Platinum.

Top Bottom