• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Butt developer axes two angry feminists during Tencent shareholder call

Roxkis_ii

Roxkis_ii Roxkis_ii Tweets are tweets. You can find and embed them. They're real, and they're documented. Images can be altered. You should maybe consider not posting tweets that are images designed to make people look bad, and fool people into thinking that they're real. You might also consider deleting the ones you've posted already, unless you can actually verify them.

I looked into the first post to see who Peterson actually was writing that reply to, and I couldn't find it. Even the text itself might be made up. Outside of verified images of now deleted tweets, if you're going to post tweets, it's a good idea to post actual tweets.

Good point. I think I will take your advice in the future.

I will leave the first tweet picture up becuse it's funny, but can also be an example to others.

Good point. I think I will take your advice in the future.

I will leave the first tweet picture up becuse it's funny, but can also be an example to others.
Maybe just an edit to explain that the image isn't real. I'm all for comedy and parody, when it's not going to be mistaken for truth and accuracy.

TheCed

Tried to find why exactly they were fired.
Can someone give me a TLDR

I can see some people celebrating without knowing exactly what happened. What were the complaints and what did they do about it.
Voicing an opinion, even if it's one I disagree with shouldn't lead to a job loss... But if they went full cliché feminazi... then yeah, they'd be in the wrong.

Tried to find why exactly they were fired.
Can someone give me a TLDR

I can see some people celebrating without knowing exactly what happened. What were the complaints and what did they do about it.
Voicing an opinion, even if it's one I disagree with shouldn't lead to a job loss... But if they went full cliché feminazi... then yeah, they'd be in the wrong.

I would Fire them if they made that feminazi opinion known.

Let's just say if they were in the position of power they would have no issue firing me for my own opinions. So I have no issue with them getting fired

The Dude

It's really just whatever they feel like at the moment. If they like it, then it's empowering, if they don't, it's objectifying and misogynist.
This is why you can't reason with them, nor try to appease them. You just have to ignore them, which is what everyone should have done from the very beginning.
This all day long, warms my heart to read this.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

In South Korea all male citizens between the age of 18-35 are required to perform 18-21 months of active duty military service. How's that for a gender inequality. You think any feminists are going to cry on social media or form picket lines to get that equalized over there? In America all males are forced to register for Selective Service and are penalized in various ways if they do not do so. Feminists only complain about the sexism and inequalities within society that do not benefit them while being all too willing to accept/ignore the sexism and inequalities they do benefit from. The Family Court laws, Judicial Systems, and Court Of Public Opinion have plenty examples. Only naive men do not realize this. The Korean men certainly realize it.

Last edited:
I see feminism and feminazism as very different things
There's a difference between Discussing equality vs Straight up hating men

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Go back to retardera lol

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

No. It's here to stay in the West at least for our entire lifetime. The Korean men never let feminism take over like we did. Does anyone believe a company like Sweet Baby Inc would even exist over there, let alone be able to be profitable.
Wow, looks like South Korea is great.

Except to the elders that are forced to work till they die.
Except for women who face misogyny and sexism at work.
Except for all working people who are forced to slave in a chaebol creating useless reports.

Truly an incredible country.

Pejo

Gee I wonder why this "news" is being drudged up again now when it happened like 6 months ago, I wonder indeed....

Anyways, I don't want to act like a subject matter expert here, but as somebody that plays a few Korean games and saw the effects/read up on this shit back when "the pinch" drama was at it's height, I just want to make one thing clear.

A large portion of the feminists in S. Korea act and use tactics that the west would dub "incel behavior". These particular feminists are not the good guys, they aren't fighting any important fights for the betterment of women, they're just using toxicity and petty insidious actions to try to rile up things that men enjoy simply because there's a hatred there.

To be clear, I'm not saying that there are no issues or that feminists don't have legitimate points, but this particular brand of them would be like putting Andrew Tate in charge of Women's Studies. If this lady was fired, there was enough evidence there that appropriate action was taken.

Gee I wonder why this "news" is being drudged up again now when it happened like 6 months ago, I wonder indeed....

Anyways, I don't want to act like a subject matter expert here, but as somebody that plays a few Korean games and saw the effects/read up on this shit back when "the pinch" drama was at it's height, I just want to make one thing clear.

A large portion of the feminists in S. Korea act and use tactics that the west would dub "incel behavior". These particular feminists are not the good guys, they aren't fighting any important fights for the betterment of women, they're just using toxicity and petty insidious actions to try to rile up things that men enjoy simply because there's a hatred there.

To be clear, I'm not saying that there are no issues or that feminists don't have legitimate points, but this particular brand of them would be like putting Andrew Tate in charge of Women's Studies. If this lady was fired, there was enough evidence there that appropriate action was taken.

Andrew Tate should be in charge of Women's Studies :p

Crayon

A message from your hopefully sane woke representative:

I want to say that these social justice things are worth considering. They should be considered on your own terms, though. That means it's better to disagree with them after you've given it some honest thought. I know a woke mob is going to twist everything to a point where they are doing more harm than good but one doesn't necessarily have to have an equal and opposite reaction to it. Some of their causes are rooted in actual good, or at least well intentioned, ideas.

If you are old enough to remember the introduction of barbie toys that had jobs like a doctor and such, it was the butt of many jokes. Turns out that pointing and laughing all those years ago was a dick move. You'd have to be pretty fucking backwards to not want your daughter to see at an early age that even barbie cares about more important things than having pretty hair and pretty clothes. Decades ago it was seen by some as a politically correct (that's what woke was called) agenda being pushed on kids but turned out to be a pretty good idea. That's an example of sane change. I know the mobs out there are completely out of control but as usual, there's a kernel of truth.

Last edited:

stn

Been lurking a lot here.
Gaf is a lot more open minded than some would think.

Sure, some will happily called me "REEEE" but that's the internet. It happens.
Personally, I agree with you that feminism and feminazi are different. As a society we should be able to discuss things and share opinions without censoring and/or extremism, which is basically the issue plaguing society today. Everyone walks on egg shells. Any unpopular opinions get shunned, people don't think critically about things.

Pimpbaa

Why would you work at shift up if you are a feminist? Their mobile games plus stellar blade is mostly about hyper sexualized women (I’m not complaining, I love it).

MrA

Banned
You won't find a perfect country anywhere. Too many people to regulate. Cry me a river.
He's an arrogant French jackals that thinks he knows everything about every other country (and that they all suck) and that France is a perfect in everyday (and pretends all of its problems don't exist, i.e. higher problem drinking rates than the uk, extremely high homelessness, higher overall crime than mexico, unemployment rates normal countries would call a catastroph )

Top Bottom