• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight women have fewest orgasms, according to new study

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Straight women have fewest orgasms

Heterosexual women have fewer orgasms than men or lesbian or bisexual women, a study suggests. The findings came from a study of 52,600 people in the US, exploring the "orgasm gap" between the genders and different sexual orientations.

The report in Archives of Sexual Behaviour revealed a "variety of behaviours couples can try to increase orgasm frequency". These include oral sex and manual stimulation.

The study, by Indiana University, Chapman University and Claremont Graduate University, showed the proportion of people who usually orgasmed was:

65% of heterosexual women
66% of bisexual women
86% of lesbian women
88% of bisexual men
89% of gay men
95% of heterosexual men

"The fact that lesbian women orgasmed more often than heterosexual women indicates that many heterosexual women could experience higher rates of orgasm."

Few heterosexual women climaxed through penetrative sex alone, the report said.
The study showed that "of particular importance was incorporating oral sex along with other activities during a sexual encounter".

There was a clear pattern between more oral sex and more orgasms in heterosexual women, lesbian women, bisexual women, gay men and bisexual men. Only in straight men was no link detected.

Other behaviours linked to greater orgasms in women were:

-Asking for what they wanted in bed
-Praising their partner for something they did in bed
-Calling or emailing to tease about doing something sexual
-Wearing sexy lingerie
-Trying new sexual positions
-Anal stimulation
-Talking about or acting out sexual fantasies
-Engaging in sexy talk and expressions of love during sex

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a lot of dudes who finish first and then are just done

Which I'll never understand. Just knowing women can have multiple orgasms and because I love my partner I'll make sure she has several before I even begin to consider having an orgasm myself. I am legitimately turned off at the thought of having an orgasm first over my significant other. *sigh*

A combination of two factors I'd imagine,

1) Women being told that masturbation and expressing their sexual desires overtly is socially unacceptable

2) Men not caring about their partners as long as they get a nut. Like the article says, oral sex is a must

Glix

Thumbs up for anal stimulation.

51o13LjYANL.jpg

Slaythe

A combination of two factors I'd imagine,

1) Women being told that masturbation and expressing their sexual desires overtly is socially unacceptable

2) Men not caring about their partners as long as they get a nut. Like the article says, oral sex is a must

Of course not.

Your hands are more than enough.

They literally have a cheat button built in :p . But I think a lot of those stats include older less educated / puritans people.

Edit :

For the record, I'm not saying oral sex is bad. I just feel uncomfortable forcing it on people as mandatory, in both ways.

ZOONAMI

Eh? Would have thought it'd be a little be higher considering the lesbian women number.

This is purely speculation, but my guess would be that there is a skew of women who identify as bisexual but typically their sexual endevors are heterosexual.

The numbers here would seem to support that.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Or just simply ask them what they like. Seriously. Just ask. If they can't tell you, then they probably don't even know. Then it's discovery time.

I've known men who found the act of putting a mouth to a vagina disgusting, yet they didn't bat an eye at the thought of putting a mouth to a penis.

CHC

Women literally have an orgasm button. C'mon guys.

I wonder if "penetrative sex only" means no clit touching? Can be kind of hard to orgasm JUST from penetration alone depending on the position / angle, but hands make it very easy.

BeesEight

I've known men who found the act of putting a mouth to a vagina disgusting, yet they didn't bat an eye at the thought of putting a mouth to a penis.

I know lots too!

But we're gay so... :p

I'm a little curious about that homosexual men statistic. I mean, sure sometimes you won't but in my experience usually we both do. Not really surprised to see oral being more necessary though. Sometimes you're just not... going in balls deep so to speak.

Fuchsdh

Honestly, those women get a lot of blame. The number of people I've heard complain about their partner'a performance in bed but never actually voice their concerns with their partner is staggering. And then when they break up with the guy they leave his illusions that there's nothing wrong intact, to be inflicted on the next person they sleep with. The cycle continues.

There are certainly going to be a lot of guys who are unfairly recalcitrant about reciprocating, but I'd wager a lot more is simple ignorance. If you're always faking how do you expect people to intuit what you want?

Hazmat

The only thing I find surprising here is how close bisexual women are to straight women and how far they are from lesbians.

So is that:
"encounter with an orgasm" / encounters
or
"total orgasms" / encounters

Since, you know, women can have multiple orgasms per encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom