• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray launches on July 19 | Free with PS+ Extra and Premium

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS+ is the best deal in gaming!

neko anime girl GIF

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Wasn’t expecting that, all in on PS++

Same. I'm quite surprised. Seems like Sony is really seriously about getting content for those tiers. I'm still avoiding it and just buying the game normal. I don't want shit locked to any of that stuff lol

Does anyone know if this is like some vault type thing where you get it free regardless of WHEN you get the service or is this like PS Plus where you must download it the month its offered or something?

AtomicStarving AtomicStarving Currently also have 6 cats. Over the last 30 years, my family has had 11.

My older sister has 3 cats I gave her that I found in 2014 when they were kittens running around the street. I kept circling the block exercising and listening to some podcast and I kept seeing them run around under this car, some little kids later told me their mother died and they'd been feeding them. The parents would always see me around the block and I asked them if they needed anything as we didn't have kittens currently and they told me they didn't even want them and where trying to get the humane society in our area to come out. So I offered to take them and gave them to my sister and we got their weight up and they've been part of the family ever sense.

The 2 I have were also strays in the neighborhood. 2 bothers that would always sleep under one of our cars and one would sleep in a bush near our front door. Saw them for weeks and when a hurricane was coming, I decided to put them inside during the storm and they stayed with me ever sense. This was 2019 I believe. When I first got them, they literally would not go anywhere without each other, would sleep in the same kennel and when one would leave the room, the other would cry out. I later found out from the vet it was some form of separation anxiety (which I didn't even fucking know cats could get lol)

The oldest cat belongs to another sister of mine, we got her from a friend in 2010 and the other cats seem to see her as the alpha cat or some thing, other then that all 6 actually get along fine.

Last edited:

Elios83

I've always looked forward to this and Little Devil Inside so the fact that not only we got a great trailer with such a close release date but the game is free to Plus was a great surprise.
I guess this seals the deal to try one of the higher Plus tiers later this month.

Last edited:
Ah damn, completely missed this announcement between SF6 and FF XVI news 🤣. That's actually a surprise, I didn't think they throw Stray in there as a Day 1 for Extra & Premium subs. Though they have thrown other 3P games into PS+ Day 1 like VF5: Final Showdown and Shadow Warrior 3, so I guess this is continuing a trend.

Guess I'll be playing it on one of the two tiers then but, one question: is the version for PS Extra & Premium on PS5 the PS5 version, or the PS4 version? There's been some times where it's just the PS4 version.

Remember when basic PS+ would sometimes get day 1 games? Not anymore.

Higher than the cheapest.

Yeah, that will kinda suck. The upside is that maybe this way more Day 1 games come to PS+ Extra and Premium than they did for regular PS+? Gotta look at the upside.

Yeah Extra is definitely a great deal, but Premium is lacking with the poor retro support and library.

I'll still get it though, because I want whatever classics I can get with trophy support. But as of now, I'd recommend the $99 a year extra tier for most players.

Didn't they add the NTSC versions of games for Asian territories recently due to backlash? Let's hope that's global (well, maybe except Europe. Sorry Europe, y'all are probably stuck with PAL versions), or they're going to get even more backlash especially here in America.

PAL 50 versions in NTSC regions should be a last resort. If they were PAL 60 then it wouldn't be an issue but from what people have said very few games pre-Dreamcast actually supported that. I know they have some tech for increasing framerate in older games but if it's like what they did for the PAL versions of the games before where they got super blurry, no thanks.

Unless that was not actually the tech for increasing framerates; if the tech is good then maybe they could get away with PAL 50 versions in NTSC regions. Though it only really matters for the 60 FPS games.

Didn't they add the NTSC versions of games for Asian territories recently due to backlash? Let's hope that's global (well, maybe except Europe. Sorry Europe, y'all are probably stuck with PAL versions), or they're going to get even more backlash especially here in America.
Yeah, still not sure about the US. But, I was speaking more of the library of games that is currently lacking.

Yeah, still not sure about the US. But, I was speaking more of the library of games that is currently lacking.

Ah okay. I'm hoping some of my favorites (UmJammer Lammy, Tomba 1 & 2, Omega Boost, Tekken 3 etc.) get on the service soon, with multiplayer options for Tekken 3 in particular. I really need that goodness in there.

envyzeal

I wonder how big the meltdown would be if it scores a 70 or less. But that won't happen because cat game is goty

Apeopleman

Same. I'm quite surprised. Seems like Sony is really seriously about getting content for those tiers. I'm still avoiding it and just buying the game normal. I don't want shit locked to any of that stuff lol

Does anyone know if this is like some vault type thing where you get it free regardless of WHEN you get the service or is this like PS Plus where you must download it the month its offered or something?

AtomicStarving AtomicStarving Currently also have 6 cats. Over the last 30 years, my family has had 11.

My older sister has 3 cats I gave her that I found in 2014 when they were kittens running around the street. I kept circling the block exercising and listening to some podcast and I kept seeing them run around under this car, some little kids later told me their mother died and they'd been feeding them. The parents would always see me around the block and I asked them if they needed anything as we didn't have kittens currently and they told me they didn't even want them and where trying to get the humane society in our area to come out. So I offered to take them and gave them to my sister and we got their weight up and they've been part of the family ever sense.

The 2 I have were also strays in the neighborhood. 2 bothers that would always sleep under one of our cars and one would sleep in a bush near our front door. Saw them for weeks and when a hurricane was coming, I decided to put them inside during the storm and they stayed with me ever sense. This was 2019 I believe. When I first got them, they literally would not go anywhere without each other, would sleep in the same kennel and when one would leave the room, the other would cry out. I later found out from the vet it was some form of separation anxiety (which I didn't even fucking know cats could get lol)

The oldest cat belongs to another sister of mine, we got her from a friend in 2010 and the other cats seem to see her as the alpha cat or some thing, other then that all 6 actually get along fine.
Nice story man, god bless and thanks for rescuing

Top Bottom