• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 DLC character A.K.I. launches September 27

Draugoth

Gold Member
Street-Fighter-6_2023_08-30-23_008-1024x576.jpg

Street Fighter 6 downloadable content character A.K.I. will launch on September 27, Capcom announced. A.K.I. will be unlocked for owners of the Deluxe Edition, Ultimate Edition, or Year 1 Character Pass.

Here is an overview of the fighter, via Capcom:

A.K.I. draws much of her poisonous personality and inspiration from her master F.A.N.G, who was first introduced in Street Fighter V. In the single-player World Tour mode, players can learn more about A.K.I.’s interest in the evil Shadaloo organization and help her find her herbal medicine in Tian Hong Yuan, a new location for players to meet their newest Master and apply her deadly moves to their custom avatar.
Speaking of deadly moves, check some of them out below… if you dare:
  • Serpent Lash – From a distance, A.K.I. sends her nails flying forward like a chain, poisoning enemies she hits. When she strikes an opponent who is already poisoned, a Toxic Blossom will trigger an explosion and open enemies up to follow-up attacks.
  • Nightshade Pulse – A.K.I. sends a bubble forward that also poisons enemies it hits. She can strike the bubble with Nightshade Chaser to pop it in advance, increasing its area of effect.
  • Orchid Spring – A.K.I. places a puddle of poison in front of her which will affect opponents who step inside it.
  • Sinister Slide – Slither across the screen to avoid threats while stalking forward and perform follow-up moves like Venomous Fang, Heel Strike, or Entrapment.
  • Claws of Ya Zi – A.K.I.’s Level 3 Super Art pierces various pressure points on an opponent’s body and injects a poison that dangerously detonates from within.
A.K.I. and her elegant Outfit 2 will be available for owners of the Year 1 Character Pass, Deluxe Edition, or Ultimate Edition on September 27. Get a taste of her poison for an hour with a Rental Fighter ticket, which can be obtained via the Fighting Pass.

I won’t be getting her but glad she’s in the game instead of Fang.

Just waiting for Akuma. Also really feel like with year 1, they really should have done 5 characters, not 4. Oh well.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy fuck at those animations. MK1 is beautiful looking but SF6 is lightyears ahead of it's competition with animations like these. If I haven't already had the character pass, I'd have bought her.

FANG was my main since day 1 in SFV, and I loved the character. She looks amazing, and will definitely get some play. I wonder if you have to differ your combos from coward crouch depending on if the opponent is standing or crouching like FANG did for max damage.

Hot5pur

They need to add new costumes to this game and actually make the battle pass more interesting. So much missed potential.

Game is really good though.

UiB2CnB.jpg

So the poison saps your life, and if you get hit with the whip move while poisoned, it blows up and puts you in a juggle state? Yikes.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fighting games these days with the character passes are fucking annoying…
Glad i only paid 30 for the base game on a keyreseller site.

Feels like i got streetfighter 6 lite instead of sf6 but oh well. I will get the ultimate complete omega upper alpha plus remixed version in 2 years or so.
For 30 again.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I won't even bother to check cause I check that place once a month but, a beautiful woman dedicated to her master...whose a man. The REEEEEEEEEEEEEactions are going to be glorious lol

Soodanim

Gold Member
I won't even bother to check cause I check that place once a month but, a beautiful woman dedicated to her master...whose a man. The REEEEEEEEEEEEEactions are going to be glorious lol
They'll either cry or think her theme being poison is a meta commentary on toxic behaviour and think they're really clever for "figuring it out"

Celcius

°Temp. member
Meh, this time around I’m just going to wait for the final Turbo Edition with all the characters and stuff and then I’ll buy that upgrade.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Way cooler than FANG.

I’m liking her a lot but curious on how she feels in hand.

Likely won’t drop Honda for her. Honda is in his best iteration ever, and super satisfying to use. Granted that new Guile skin with the pony tail may make me spend some time with him.

I assume they’ll save Akuma for last unfortunately because that’s who I’m most curious about in the season 1 pass like most others I imagine.

Yep, Ed has a winter release and Akuma is next year. Akuma has the sickest design in the whole game in my opinion and I can't wait until he is released. Everyone else is an appetizer.

Having the poison explode like Gill's Retribution mechanic is such a nice touch. It won't be as difficult to pull off since you don't have to worry about ice/fire polarity, but it does add another layer to a character that seems pretty solid from the looks of it. Definitely aiming to main her like I did FANG in SFV.

Top Bottom