• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI: A.K.I First Teaser Revealed & TMNT collab Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

A maniacal poison aficionado, A.K.I. can’t wait to sink her nails into her opponents as the second character from Year 1. Owners of the Deluxe and Ultimate Edition or the Year 1 Character Pass and Ultimate Pass of Street Fighter 6 will obtain A.K.I. when she releases in Autumn 2023.​

Cowabunga! Scarf down that slice of pizza and get ready for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Street Fighter 6 collaboration on August 8. Get radical with TMNT gear and emotes, new Titles, TMNT stamps, in-game device wallpapers, camera frames in Photo Mode, and turn your World Tour and Battle Hub custom avatar into your favorite turtle.​

Wow, that TMNT art is fantastic... I'm guessing it was done by Toshiaki Mori.

Was a bit disappointed there was no gameplay in that A.K.I teaser, but it's a teaser...

I hope they make her very distinct from Juri.
Her design is super cool.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
This new character looks like she came out from a japan-only PS2 horror game.

zBdZXPo.jpg

Last edited:

Paltheos

God, I hate modern character designers.

Most of the SF6 designs have been really good. My favorite is probably the Cammy redesign, which did away with the weird combo of leotard+heavy-duty boots+military cap and the silly long pigtails for tights, a high jacket that shows off her sexy, muscular midriff, and a practical bob cut. Great combination of practical and hot. DeeJay's character redesign gives him a personality outside of a creepy smile. JP looks menacing. Hobo Ken is a great idea. I could go on.

SALMORE

they should have shown teasers for the all the remaining characters ! what they showed is not evo level

Soodanim

Gold Member
The AKI trailer was beyond boring. It's not MK or Tekken, no one gives a shit about some random scene featuring a character we don't know or care about

The AKI trailer was beyond boring. It's not MK or Tekken, no one gives a shit about some random scene featuring a character we don't know or care about
That trailer was awful.
It was a bad introduction to the character, for sure... It would have been better if they didn't show anything of her. And waited until they could show her actual gameplay, WITH that one scene...

Fuz

Banned
Most of the SF6 designs have been really good. My favorite is probably the Cammy redesign, which did away with the weird combo of leotard+heavy-duty boots+military cap and the silly long pigtails for tights, a high jacket that shows off her sexy, muscular midriff, and a practical bob cut. Great combination of practical and hot. DeeJay's character redesign gives him a personality outside of a creepy smile. JP looks menacing. Hobo Ken is a great idea. I could go on.
I bloody hate them all. They're all overdesigned.

Overdesigning is the cancer of our artistic generation.

Labolas

I'm sorry but that character design looks fucking awful with that Moe Howard haircut. Capcom continues to have bad new characters.

Man, I have to hard disagree on Cammy's design. Her modern design is fucking boring and generic. Her bob cut makes look like she's balding. Give me her classic look all day.

Last edited:

poodaddy

We have a contender for "stupidest hairstyle in the history of fighting games". Congratulations, it wasn't easy.

God, I hate modern character designers.
Yeah every new character across the board has been a miss for me outside of Kim and Rashid, and not a single one of the new costumes for the characters are even half as good as their classic looks, except for Rashid again, whose classic is butt and his new look is outstanding. Other than those exceptions, what in the hell are Capcom designers smoking these days?

I miss 90's Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Filth

OA

its still in the game and Its never going away, god bless. :)

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
They're all overdesigned.
Literally none of them are, what are you smoking...
Most of them are just wearing regular ass clothes, JP is literally in a suit + a cloak, Ryu has a monk robe + pants, cammy is wearing sweatpants + a coat, Chun li is wearing a qi pao + leggings; there's nothing "over" about these designs unless you live in the twilight zone.

xiskza

This character is a failure. Should've kept Phantom's design from FANG's story

All the new SF6 females are fugly. They've been MK'd

Last edited:

Fake

I think she meant to look creepy, especially based on her animation.

Street-Fighter-6-Leaked-Roster.png

I mean, if you are saying 'creepy' because she is pale? I never saw her as a 'creepy'. In the leaked artwork she looks more like a professional assassin or cold person. Remember the Street Fighter 2 anime that they treat Cammy like a assassin to hire? Is the way I saw her in this picture.

Now she is just acting like Juri clone. Is the only new char I was looking for and was kinda let down.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Street-Fighter-6-Leaked-Roster.png

I never saw her as a 'creepy'. In the leaked artwork she looks more like an professional assassin or cold person. Remember the Street Fighter 2 anime that they treat Cammy like a assassin to hire? Is the way I saw her in this picture.

Now she is just acting like Juri clone. Is the only new char I was looking for and was kinda let down.
I kind of do agree with you, ever since Capcom switch to RE engine they keep making characters face more hyper realistic, with DMC5 and Resident Evil remakes and now Street Fighter VI.

The problem comes in SFVI they character still have exaggerated body, hair and custom but with realistic face which in my opinion it doesn’t work.

But with that all being said, I can’t help be blown away by how good the animation in this game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks marginally better visually than her reveal. Kinda gives me "F.A.N.G. but better" vibes. Animations are slick but still there was no reason they had to make her so ugly. Also, curious how they balance poison.

Still not a character that I like enough to buy the game though.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Some of the arm bars used for her throw animations look silky smooth but also violent. Here snake slither across the ground is fantastic IMO...totally sells the sultry/poison vibe.

Very impressed with what Capcom pulled off from a design then implementation perspective. I DO think her eyes look a bit too far apart on her face but doesn't really both me.

Capcom also is keeping up a great release cadence with their character releases so far!

Top Bottom