• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 has reached over 1 million players, Capcom announced! The Street Fighter series has now sold over 50 million units worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member

Fx2D-6RacAAcWKT

Vandole

Very happy to see Street Fighter 6 is getting received so well. Makes me wish I had the reflexes and patience to learn the technique again.

Pelta88

So, it sold 1 million the first week? That sounds... rather low in my opinion. But then again, I don't know how well SF 5 did.

You must not understand the fighting game genre. That's a ton of units for SF.

That aside, hats of to Capcom! They hit a home run with this one.

Nautilus

Banned
You must not understand the fighting game genre. That's a ton of units for SF.

That aside, hats of to Capcom! They hit a home run with this one.
I don't really. I just think that's low given that SF is the premier fighting franchise, and other fighting game franchises like MK usually does more than 10 million lifetime nowadays. But then again, don't know how frontloaded those sales are.

But if they are good, then I'm happy for Capcom!

Fake

So, it sold 1 million the first week? That sounds... rather low in my opinion. But then again, I don't know how well SF 5 did.

For the quantity of plataforms that launch (PS4, PS5, Series S, Series X and PC), indeed looks a rather low.

Is like Sonic Frontiers scenario, but if the game maintain the legs and if they already was expecting those numbers, more power to them I guess. Not to mention they profit with microtransaction inside the game.

edit: Players, not sales. :/

Last edited:
Very happy to see Street Fighter 6 is getting received so well. Makes me wish I had the reflexes and patience to learn the technique again.
Well, there is always the Modern Controls option with easy inputs for beginners, folks with slower reflexes, or with bad hands. My brother bought it and had a blast this weekend playing despite his terrible eye-hand coordination and reflexes (side effects of heavy medications for his bipolar disorder). He forced my hand and I bought it as well so I could trash talk him online.

Nautilus

Banned
For the quantity of plataforms that launch (PS4, PS5, Series S, Series X and PC), indeed looks a rather low.

Is like Sonic Frontiers scenario, but if the game maintain the legs and if they already was expecting those numbers, more power to them I guess. Not to mention they profit with microtransaction inside the game.

edit: Players, not sales. :/
Yeah, the Players part makes me scratch my head a little. Every time a company uses players instead of sales, it always makes me wonder if the actual sales are a bit lower than they give the impression of.

But anyway, I feel like Capcom is betting that the game's legs will be what sells the game. We will see.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

You dont gotta be an evo competitor to enjoy the game. Plus this will be their main fighter for the next 5+ years we all got plenty of time to practice.

I don't really. I just think that's low given that SF is the premier fighting franchise, and other fighting game franchises like MK usually does more than 10 million lifetime nowadays. But then again, don't know how frontloaded those sales are.

But if they are good, then I'm happy for Capcom!

Its the premier fighting game in the sense it has the most prestige. Sales-wise both MK and Smash surpassed it a good while back. 1 mil is good :)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Well deserved, they really went all out with this one to not only deliver something worthy of dedicated FGC players, but something that has a lot to offer more casual fans and bring them back in as well. It's the best whole package I've seen in a fighting game... ever, really.

SF5 did 440K in its first week. This is SF6 sales in just one weekend. Of course SF5 was PS exclusive, so it's not 100% fair, but yeah.

splattered

I was pretty down on the game, but grabbed it on impulse last Friday. It’s amazing guys. If you were on the fence just get it.
Same I didn't even intend to buy it... Then reviews started dropping and I told my wife I was surprised. She was like... Father's Day gift? Uhmm yeah why not? So glad I said yes, this game is so damn good.

Luipadre

I love fighting games but i suck at them. SF6 looked awesome and the beta with modern controls was actually not too bad. I probably gonna buy this later just to fuck around but all my time goes to D4 at the moment

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Player numbers already?

So it didn't sell 1 million just 1 million players?
This isn't an effort to juice the numbers, it's just that sell through data isn't available in 3 days. Sales and player count are likely similar but they have access to their server data, and not the data from every store's sales.

This isn't an effort to juice the numbers, it's just that sell through data isn't available in 3 days. Sales and player count are likely similar but they have access to their server data, and not the data from every store's sales.
Didn't stop them with SFV, but that's fair maybe they are back in the game and will sell over 2 million in a week.

Top Bottom