• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Year 2 Character Reveal Trailer | Summer Game Fest

Draugoth

Gold Member

Street Fighter 6’s Year 2 DLC plans will feature four more characters, two of which, in fact, will be guest characters from SNK’s Fatal Fury franchise in the form of Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui.

Year 2’s first DLC character will be fan favourite series staple M. Bison, who will arrive this summer, and he’ll be followed by the aforementioned Terry in autumn. Mai will arrive at some point in winter early next year, and the fourth and final year 2 character, Elena (first introduced in Street Fighter 3: New Generation) will be added to the roster in spring 2025.

GPgDlmqXIAAYS_C
GPgDjLuXIAEc8UM

GPgDzKTXIAAeL6L

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm hyped for all of these characters.
I've been trying to just wait until they come out with the Arcade/Turbo edition that comes with all the characters though.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Gold Member
This is cool but that trailer was so confusing like why not announce what the game is up front

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you haven't bought the season 1 characters yet I see that the season 1 character pass is currently on sale for $20 instead of $30

nbkicker

So of all the characters fans wanted and we got this, half of the season with two characters from snk game, plus both female characters last so no more females in sf 6 till next year, well ill look at it as me saving two season passes as wont be buying for ps5 and pc

Neat though for me it's a collection of characters that would be cool as "that one" in individual seasons. Having them all together makes it a strange season to me.

Seasons being down to 4 characters now does suck though.

Also everyone better give up on trying to take down Bison and Shadaloo. It's clearly a losing endeavor. =P

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Bison! Hopefully he plays similar to previous incarnations and they add his classic costume.

My most wanted character.

YES YES YES 🙌🏼 🙏🏼🙌🏼👍🏼🙏🏼🙌🏼👍🏼

Kurimao

Bison is now a hobo? Also cant wait for those ingame sweaty Mai screengrabs if you know what it mean.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Only good part of the show.

Really excited for all of these characters.

Will absolutely play again to try terry.

I'm probably the only person in this thread that is very much disappointed with the inclusion of Terry and Mai in this game. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I will just say my piece, and leave, to not ruin the vibes.

Just... Very obvious and safe choices.

There's nothing exciting, for me, about another inclusion of Terry, in another fighting game... He will most likely have the exact same moves he's had since forever, say the same things... Just in the same way that there's nothing exciting about a Ryu inclusion in any other fighting game, for me.

And Mai, I like Mai a lot, but again, very safe inclusion.
Just like this thread is showing, it will bring the "horny = funny" And "Being horny is my only personality trait" crowd.
It will bring sales, for sure. But it's not at all interesting, to me.

Andy and Blue Mary would have been way more interesting. New and exciting.

Anyway, very happy that Elena is back, and I'm excited for what M. Bison will bring to this game, story wise.

Paltheos

Holy shit. Boobs are being added to the roster. And Dictator.

This 1 character a season DLC trend is killing me inside. I will just keep playing Ultra Street Fighter IV and older entries if I want a taste of Street Fighter.

Nah, bro. That's silly. SF6 is the newest game with by far the most players - About 29x every other SF iterations' combined player count on Steam - and, critically, it's really, really good. Speaking as someone who's played well over 10k matches of SF4, imo SF6 is the best entry in the series.

If DLC characters are taking awhile it's just because so much work is put into them. If I had any complaints it's that Capcom's upped their nickle and diming game on costumes but that's about it.

MagnesD3

Honestly pretty cruddy if your a fan of sf characters. 2 guests, 4 slots, and a villain that should be dead omg is he redundant at this point is lame.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Ok now that my initial hype has died down, 1 thing that bugs me is that I was really hoping for a larger season 2. At least 5 characters. Oh well. Bison is in now, and I guess it doesn’t matter who else they add. Sagat would be nice.

Oh, I think C.Viper should have taken Elena’s spot too.

kunonabi

That classic bison skin is the first truly great looking character model in the game. Maybe Alex won't look like complete shit if he shows up.

DavidGzz

Game is on sale 50% off on Steam....but then I saw the price for the game with all the DLC $166.95....lol, I'll wait a couple of years.

Labolas

I see Bipson has Raoh's horse now for some reason, lol. This lineup of DLC characters might actually make me pick up the game again.

PsyEd

Baaannn Knaaa Kuu...
CaaMmme Onn...Gett SeLious!

Can't wait...to see Mai custom *cough* skins with physics!

Top Bottom