• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Year 2 Character Reveal Trailer | Summer Game Fest

Can't wait...to see Mai custom *cough* skins with physics!
Dead or Alive 6 has them beat by half a decade. (Was also in DoA5, but not purchaseable any longer...)
tumblr_odj3cshncV1t5k8i7o1_540.gif

ThaGuy

1 boss character down, 3 to go. I would've thought sagat would have be announced before bison but I'm happy my main is back. Maybe I might drop Tekken for a lil bit now.

nbkicker

Well steam has the season 2 passes up £27 for just the 4 charachters and one outfit or £50 for four charachters with 3 outfits and 2 stages, think ill move away from this game, dont like season 2 charachters and capcom just out to take money where they can and happily just shovel out avatar stuff per month instead of more charachters, modes, stages, even customisable items for the main characters

Like Cinematic Trailers, we can't play them so it doesn't matter in the end.
I'm with you, but damn, I still love that SFV Arcade Edition reveal trailer. This wasn't nearly as good as that, but like you said, it won't matter in the end. Terry just being the is enough honestly. I still can't believe it.

SALMORE

it's to early for Bison , they didn't give JP enough time as the main villain and they also overshadowed Akuma !

Naked Lunch

So I guess a new Capcom vs SNK is never coming out.
This is all we'll get instead.
Too bad SF6 is a terrible game - and we're stuck with it for years.

It needs more Vitua fighter and Dead or Alive kameos.
I'll give you VF because it has a real legacy and some prestige outside of it's current place. DoA would just sully the Street Fighter series and be non beneficial though. Not saying they wouldn't do a great job at adding a character of course, but DoA doesn't deserve to be there. That would be charity work for Street Fighter. I mean, Hayabusa is there, but I'd rather them say he came from Ninja Gaiden instead of Dead or Alive.

pepodmc_

Dead or Alive 6 has them beat by half a decade. (Was also in DoA5, but not purchaseable any longer...)
tumblr_odj3cshncV1t5k8i7o1_540.gif
But in doa she didnt looked a lot like mai, i mean, she looked like a girl in doa universe doing a mai cosplay.

In street fighter 6 she will look a lot better ,but not just because of sf6 being better graphic wise.

I’m still hoping they make her purchasable in DOA5 again. I didn’t get a chance to buy her sigh.
You and me both. Attack on Titan Stage as well for the sake of having all stages and characters.

In street fighter 6 she will look a lot better ,but not just because of sf6 being better graphic wise.
50 cent laughing GIF

Street Fighter VI looks a generation behind Dead or Alive 6. You really think the realistically textured disproportionate Bengus art looks closer to the source material? Might as well play KoF XV at that point. It is a better fighting game than Street Fighter VI by a country mile anyways.
vK-Iyb.gif

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Terry has been featured in many games now. I think its kind of creative bankruptcy if 2 of your 4 new characters are guest characters. And the other 2 are returning chars. Hobo Bison kind of looks cool though.

I like SFVI a ton, but so far I didn't buy any new character yet. I am kind of looking forward to Fatal Fury.

MrMephistoX

Ever since they made lightning legs a half circle input I just can’t get into SF VI and now with a year of disappointing DLC I’m probably just going back to USFIV.

//DEVIL//

The trailer on the official channel doesn't have the Bison segment from the stream
jmQnZHE.jpeg
0gWAl4z.jpeg
sXQeXSs.jpeg
H3ExnUK.jpeg
4BusMZQ.jpeg
omg. i am so glad i bought the game not too long ago for cheap. will be the second game I buy a season pass for ever since Dragon Ball FighterZ.
I want all the characters ( well,,,, do not care about Elena.) but Bison ? friggin day one he was my main.

Karamina

Neo Member
Another year without Makoto, Viper, Dudley and the classic bosses, well done Capcom, you have the special ability to never pleased your fans.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was considering the DLC but it's $30 (per season) if you want the 4 characters and $50 (per season) if you want the 4 characters and 2 stages (plus a few costumes).
Aren't these prices kinda high? Debating continuing to wait for a turbo edition...

Last edited:
This has been the most balanced Street Fighter in years.
The end of SFV was really good. I'd say it was more balanced and varied than this one so far, but I think SF6 will be in the end. They started off kind of were SFV left it. Pretty balanced over all, with a couple of absurd characters.

bender

What time is it?
It's actually $30 for the base pass. $50 is for the premium pass with everything - All the outfits and colors, both new stages, and some extra drive tickets.

Yeah but I can't imagine not wanting the stages and when you compare it to SFV, it has way more expensive and has less content. The last SF5 pass was $29.99 which included 5 characters (+Eleven), outfits/colors, outfits for non-pass characters, 100K FM, and 2 stages. The monetization is SF6 is a little ridiculous.

MagnesD3

Yeah but I can't imagine not wanting the stages and when you compare it to SFV, it has way more expensive and has less content. The last SF5 pass was $29.99 which included 5 characters (+Eleven), outfits/colors, outfits for non-pass characters, 100K FM, and 2 stages. The monetization is SF6 is a little ridiculous.
Yes capcom has been incredibly greedy, these guest characters imo are a symptom of that as well.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Same here, I want the stages too :(
I guess the only choices are to pay up now or wait years later for discounts though…

I was considering the DLC but it's $30 (per season) if you want the 4 characters and $50 (per season) if you want the 4 characters and 2 stages (plus a few costumes).
Aren't these prices kinda high? Debating continuing to wait for a turbo edition...
You can get the stages with 5000 in-game tickets that are given away in 1000 ticket packs for character birthdays and 100 tickets for a handful of weekly participation challenges and 500 tickets for one monthly one.

I barely played it at all and claimed free gifts and I am only missing the newest Akuma stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom