• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street fighter IV Did It For Fighting Games: What Genre Needs its 'Silver Age" (Second Golden Age in Gaming)?

Lol I wished didn't have to be said. But for the ppl arguing over street fighter in if it is good or bad game was never a topic at all.

The opinion was it HELPED the fighting game genre to become popular again in modern gaming history.

Lol I wished didn't have to be said. But for the ppl arguing over street fighter in if it is good or bad game was never a topic at all.

The opinion was it HELPED the fighting game genre to become popular again in modern gaming history.
Yeah, sorry for the OT.

On topic: I think it would be amazing to see some new oldschool western RPG stuff that isn't 3D.
Dungeon Master, Ultima, etc.

I think we have a disconnect here between these old games and what the genre has become.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

That's true, I still think it was a pretty terrible game though. My bad for entertaining the hag and thinking he had something of value to say on the genre outside "no u" and somewhat derailing the thread though!
Oh, I have a stalker.

DOwVWAa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Belmonte

Run n' Gun games like Contra and Metal Slug.

I was very happy with Blazing Chrome and Cuphead. Two awesome games in this genre but I'm kind of disappointed how there isn't much in the horizon. I follow some indie dev groups on Facebook and I didn't see many people developing this kind of game.

I know two games, besides Cuphead DLC, that are in development: Mighty Goose and 軟体轟輪ゲルタンク (don't have an english title yet):

lock2k

Banned
Even EX Plus Alpha was better.

I agree wholeheartedly, no flame. Still like SFIV for bringing Street Fighter back, but for the love of God (or Satan) they should get rid of Dimps and that shitty artstyle of SFIV and V. SF2, 3 and the Alphas look timeless. I'm playing SFV daily, love the gameplay, but the artstyle sucks. Also, Arika's characters > SFIV and V characters.

lock2k

Banned
Totally. I love how in Waverace in particular, the gameplay is so different from every other racing game. Having to adapt to all those wakes, waves, giant swells, etc., is just so fun, and something I really miss.
Yeah
not to mention Wave Race was fucking gorgeous when it launched, it was one of those "holy fuck that's next gen" moments for 16 bit players up to that point.

UNIST is better than KoF 14.
Bullshit basement dweller. Let me use the loli with the gloves. The shota with the spider moves. The old guy with the biden molesto grips or the guy who got lost looking for street fighter and ended up in gunder light in course cntrl alt del

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Bullshit basement dweller. Let me use the loli with the gloves. The shota with the spider moves. The old guy with the biden molesto grips or the guy who got lost looking for street fighter and ended up in gunder light in course cntrl alt del
What does some of the cast and your "meme critique" have to do with how the game actually plays? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
KOF-Resize.png
KOF-XIV-8th-Teaser.jpg

05_kof14artwork41.jpg
<--- the protag lol
Meitenkun.jpg

Charaimg_kukri.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What does some of the cast and your "meme critique" have to do with how the game actually plays? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
KOF-Resize.png
latest

05_kof14artwork41.jpg
<--- the protag lol
Meitenkun.jpg

Charaimg_kukri.png
Xanadu is the seer of the verse saga. He can infiltrate beyond the realm of sanity and use calculus tp figure the cunt shift that brings the megaverse together with alternative tomelines and worlds. Xanadu is the alpha and potato.

lock2k

Banned
Xanadu is the seer of the verse saga. He can infiltrate beyond the realm of sanity and use calculus tp figure the cunt shift that brings the megaverse together with alternative tomelines and worlds. Xanadu is the alpha and potato.
Xanadu is cool, love KOF 14, my fave newcomer is Luong.

Top Bottom