• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Ipod Q: How to add a 2nd profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gump

Banned
Ok my sister just bought an ipod and wants to put songs on it from my computer. How do i create a totally seperate profile for her without screwing up my library?

Are you on a Mac? It's a whole lot easier if you are.

On PC, I guess you could just turn off Auto-Syncing of playlists and have it only update certain playlists when you plug in her iPod (and yours). So have a playlist called 'Sister' and have all her songs in there, so when she plugs in her iPod it'll only update songs that are in that playlist.

It will end up adding songs that she downloads/rips etc. tho to your library too, so they'll end up on your iPod unless you too do the manually update (or update only certain playlists) option.

We have three iPods in my house now, and it's such a breeze with OS X Panther (just make three user accounts, all with their own iTunes Libraries).

Mr Gump

Banned
Winamp ipod plugin? Please explain.

And yeah im on a pc, and the method you explains sounds like its gonna be a pain in the arse in the future.

Damn you apple! There has to be a better way.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Freestyler said:
We have three iPods in my house now, and it's such a breeze with OS X Panther (just make three user accounts, all with their own iTunes Libraries).

I'd imagine that this could probably work in Windows as well. Theoretically, every Windows account has it's own My Documents folder, so if you set that as iTunes' default directory, that's where all of the library and music information will be stored. You can also try to install a new copy of iTunes into that new account.

I can't see this being impossible, Apple's too smart for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom