• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subnautica has sold over 5m copies.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Unknown Worlds' underwater survival title Subnautica has sold over five million units, according to studio founder Charlie Cleveland.

Cleveland offered the number in a comment on an interview we conducted with Giant Games that mentioned the game. When we reached out for clarification on the number, Cleveland specified that it was 5.23 million total, including PC on Steam and the Epic Games Store, Xbox One, and PS4 sales, and that the number did not include free downloads.

That means Subnautica has sold that many units on top of an additional 4.5 million free downloads it gathered during an Epic Games Store two-week-long free promotion in March 2019.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My first question was "does that include all the Epic Store free downloads?" and apparently it does not.

Well done for them, that's a huge achievement.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Great for them, I really enjoyed my time with it. Will play Below Zero day one when it reaches 1.0.

Reactions: GHG

R6Rider

Gold Member
This reminds me that I need to play Below Zero more. I started it and when I built a new PC I completely forgot about it.

been playing this off and on for years since it was in early access but never pushed through with the story mode since it released in full. Went back to it recently and has been my chillout game of choice over last few weeks

Top Bottom