• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Succubus PROLOGUE -- eat a fetus for hit points

You people remember Agony? It was a shitty game that came out in 2018. Succubus is a spin off of that game but it's full on carnage and action.
Some of the things you do in this game
  • Tore a baby out of a woman and drank its blood.
  • Punched off a man's jaw, ripped off his dick, then stomped on it.
  • Watched a man feed his own excrement to a big-headed, demonic child.
  • Kicked "martyrs" into spikes.
  • Took a bath in blood using hellbugs as sponges.

https://www.pcgamer.com/in-the-demo-for-succubus-you-eat-a-fetus-for-hit-points/

Here are some of the things I did in the hour I spent playing the demo for Succubus.

• Tore a baby out of a woman and drank its blood.
  • Punched off a man's jaw, ripped off his dick, then stomped on it.
  • Watched a man feed his own excrement to a big-headed, demonic child.
  • Kicked "martyrs" into spikes.
  • Took a bath in blood using hellbugs as sponges.

Succubus is a spin-off of Agony, the horror game set in Hell released by Madmind Studio in 2018. Unlike Agony, which was mostly about avoiding combat, this is a full-on action game complete with a wheel of weapons and power, a rage meter, and a kick like the one in Dark Messiah only not as good. You play Vydija, a "demonic priestess of lust" out for revenge on the demons who wronged you.

Some of the time between kicking people into spikes is spent climbing. It's like a quicktime event without the time limit, telling you when to press W and when to press D, but sometimes there's no input presented and you have to mouse around to find a more distant handhold, then left-click to leap to it. It's not much fun. There's no way to fail, and no fall damage even if you walk off ledges.

The combat itself is nothing special either, with your blades lacking any sense of impact as they hack up demons and tortured souls. It's hard to judge the distance on the kick, and the glow attached to your foot doesn't make up for how weedy the animation looks. You can press spacebar and W to charge forward, then chain into a kick for a slow-motion attack that sends multiple enemies flying. That bit's all right.

Everything about Succubus is of course an explosion at the edgelord factory, from the terrible dialogue delivered by chainsmokers, to the way it labels a pregnant woman a "first aid kit" then makes you rip out her fetus for hit points, to the... look, just imagine me gesturing at everything else.

The demo is available on Steam, and the full game doesn't have a release date yet.
Please notice how I bolded this sentence in the quote. This just shows you how PCgamer is a shitty news site. And they once were my go to site when I woke up. I bet if you were playing as a blue haired feminist killing toxic men and ripping the penises as an act of emasculation, they'd be praising this game.
But anyway, it looks solid. I mean, it's an indie game and you can feel the low budget, but it seems interesting. Like a fuck you to mainstream gaming social norms. I like it.

There's a demo available

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Everything about Succubus is of course an explosion at the edgelord factory, from the terrible dialogue delivered by chainsmokers, to the way it labels a pregnant woman a "first aid kit" then makes you rip out her fetus for hit points, to the... look, just imagine me gesturing at everything else.
Hell yeah this sounds fuckin lit. Dude seems like he'd rather play some interactive adventure novel with blue hair high school lesbians or some shit.

oh wait idk this is by those agony guys...

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Man Agony really let us down, that we could look at a game and dismiss it with "shit, it's the Agony guys. Fuck."
... Yeah, Agony really fuckin sucked.

Pallas

Gold Member
I really wanted to try Agony but from what I heard it was littered with horrible bugs. I’m ok with games being edgy, and developers having creative freedom, it’s certainly different than what we normally play. I’m guessing Succubus is a nope for console release? Can’t see it releasing without some censoring unfortunately on consoles.

On another note, is Agony playable yet? Lol

Skifi28

I'm all for gore, but this might be taking it a little too far. It's also nice when there's some context behind all the violence rather than going as far as you can just for the sake of it.

I'm all for gore, but this might be taking it a little too far. It's also nice when there's some context behind all the violence rather than going as far as you can just for the sake of it.
But why? Why do you need context for killing and enjoying gore? We're talking about pixelated violence and gore and not real life.

Bartski

Gold Member
Actually, devouring a fetus as a medkit sounds like a pretty gnarly concept, too bad the whole thing plays just as horribly bad as you'd expect from the studio that made Agony.
The fact every single enemy comes at you with his wang out doesn't help either.

Pallas

Gold Member
You’re a succubus of hell, that’s enough context on why you’re fucking shit up, it’s basically what you do.

Bartski

Gold Member
You're chopping crawling fetuses into pieces and ripping of dude's erect dick.

The only nightmare-inducing thing there is the jank, truly straight from hell

Top Bottom