• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Redfall, The Last Case of Benedict Fox, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_ComingSoon_4.18.2023-ef35fa2018e636ab0da3.jpg

We have a fresh batch of games, including many coming your way on day one with Game Pass! Sharpen your stakes, get your coffee, and prep your favorite lo-fi beats while you pre-install your next favorite game.

Available Today

Minecraft Legends (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Available on day one with Game Pass:
The piglins are threatening to consume the Overworld. Are you the hero this gentle land needs? Explore lush biomes to make alliances with new friends and familiar mobs, then face the piglins in epic battles. But be warned – they always fight back.

Coming Soon

Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly (Cloud, Console, and PC) – April 20
It’s time to return as everyone’s favorite late-night coffee shop barista, ready to lend a sympathetic ear and create the perfect beverage for a host of fantastic customers. Turn on the chilled lo-fi beats, listen to their tales and influence their hearts with a warm drink or two.

Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly

Medieval Dynasty (Xbox One) – April 20
Available now on PC and Xbox Series X|S and coming soon to Xbox One! Take on the role of a young man who has fled from war and wants to take his fate into his own hands. From being alone, inexperienced, and poor, you will develop into a master of many skills, a leader of your community, and the founder of a prosperous dynasty which is meant to last and prosper for generations to come.

Homestead Arcana (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – April 21
Become a farming Witch and pioneer the range that has been mysteriously corrupted with Miasma. Discover the secret behind its appearance, grow plants to power up your spells, and use nature’s magic to heal the land.

Homestead Arcana

Cassette Beasts (PC) – April 26
Available on day one with PC Game Pass:
Bring your cassette player and get ready to press play! Collect awesome monsters to use during turn-based battles as you adventure into the open-world RPG, Cassette Beasts. Get ready to experience an incredible retro vibe with unique innovations to the genre.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Special Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – April 27
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle lets you create your own cross-over dream team with the beloved characters from a total of 8 titles! Fight with your favorite characters from the popular titles BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-Birth, RWBY, and more. Get ready for a dream tag battle crossing series lines!

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Special Edition

The Last Case of Benedict Fox (Console and PC) – April 27
Take on the last case of Benedict Fox and dive into a twisted world of secret organizations, forbidden rituals, and cold-blooded murders. Explore the memories of deceased victims as you search for clues and fight demons in this fantastical Lovecraftian Metroidvania.

Redfall (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – May 2
The town of Redfall is under siege by a legion of vampires who have cut the island off from the outside world. Trapped with a handful of survivors, slay alone or squad up in open-world FPS action.

Redfall

DLC / Game Updates

Vampire Survivors: Tides of the Foscari DLC – Available now
Tides of the Foscari is the second DLC expansion for Vampire Survivors, introducing another huge stage as well as a slate of new characters, monsters and weapons to play with. And of course, secrets may be lurking in the shadowed canopies of the deep forest…

Microsoft Flight Simulator – World Update XIII: Oceania and Antarctica – April 25
Experience the vast islands of Oceania and the magnificence of Antarctica in Microsoft Flight Simulator’s upcoming free World Update. This update brings simmers 15 new countries and 24 non-sovereign territories, all with improved resolution that will allow pilots to experience stunning new vistas throughout these regions. The sky is calling!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

The Elder Scrolls Online: Dragon Slayer Bundle – Available now
Customize your character with the Ancient Dragon Hunter Arms Pack and receive an excellent pet in the Ancient Dragon Hunter Wolf Pet. This Perk content requires ESO base game to use.

MLB The Show 23: 10 The Show Packs – Available now
Kickstart your MLB The Show 23 Diamond Dynasty with 10 The Show Packs. Once acquired, items should be redeemed upon booting the game. Information on items redeemed should be listed in your Profile mail inbox.

Far Cry 5: Heart of Darkness DLC – Available now
Navigate a deadly jungle and wreak havoc behind enemy lines in war-torn Vietnam. This Perk content requires Far Cry 5 to use. All available now at 60 FPS on Xbox Series X|S for Far Cry 5’s 5th anniversary.

Leaving April 30

It might be a good time to reprioritize your playlist to jump back into the following games before they leave. As always, you’ll be able to save up to 20% off your purchase to keep these in your library.

• Bugsnax (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Destroy All Humans! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Tetris Effect Connected (Console and PC)
  • Unsouled (Cloud, Console, and PC)
As always, stay tuned here or @XboxGamePassPC and @XboxGamePass on Twitter for updates of games coming soon and when you can play your favorites! Cheers!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
2 days to finish Loop Hero is the first goal.

My hit list is
- Coffee Talk 2
- Redfall on pc obviously
- Last Case of Benedict Fox
- BlazBlue
Trying to beat Ghostwire and Octopath 2 before May 12th.

Been wanting to start Wo Long ... just going to pretend I don't need sleep when Advance Wars, and Benedict Fox land. Life is suffering.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Game Pass is retarded it's so awesome. The one time I dust off my Switch to replay BotW and then spend every waking moment playing TotK when it launches, Xbox decides to bury us in a bunch of great games I'm wanting to play. It's a Damn good thing Xbox first party games stay on Game Pass forever.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'll be playing Redfall on a brand new PC. My wife can play it on the Xbox at 30fps, her eyes are shit anyway :messenger_grinning_squinting:

reksveks

The EC are imo intelligent enough to know what they want but I am trying to figure out what they want from a technical and ux pov.

30 fps isn't stopping me from playing a game.What will stop me if this game sucks...
That's the one thing I haven't heard. Is Redfall actually fun to play? If the game was terrible but 60fps would that make it awesome? Is there even such a thing as a bad 60fps title?

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Was set to play Redfall but will have to wait, hopefully it's a matter of a week or two as i don't have new games to play.

Can't wait to play The Last Case of Benedict Fox and if it's good I'm buying it.

If you really can't tell here then yes, there is a problem with your eyes:

Watched that (admittedly only on my phone) - cannot see any difference :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Have to schedule an eye test I guess…

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
more fighting games is a massive plus. Bought an adapter for Xbox for my PS3 fight sticks and have been enjoying myself. Cross tag battle was fun as a beta. Hopefully not too much gets cut from it for the GP version.

30 fps isn't stopping me from playing a game.What will stop me if this game sucks...

So far the only negative thing I've heard about it is the 30fps, and Arkane games are always great, so I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun, regardless of whether it meets a few people's arbitrary framerate quota

So far the only negative thing I've heard about it is the 30fps, and Arkane games are always great, so I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun, regardless of whether it meets a few people's arbitrary framerate quota
I really hope it's fun and reviewers don't dock points for being 30fps on console. If it has significant performance issues then fine but simply being 30fps isn't a reason to dock points.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The last couple of trailers they've put out are actually pretty good, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I should try Coffee Talk, lots of positive comments about it here, it's encouraging.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Cross tag battle might be my overall favourite fighting game, and I'm a street fighter guy; y'all should give it a chance, it's fun as fuck.

Reactions: Isa
Your eyes are shit. Thats legit the only conclusion.
Maybe. I did Google it (half heartedly) and it seems there are quite a few people that can’t see the difference. I have pretty good vision generally, no need for glasses or anything. Seems like I’m actually better off, as I don’t need to get worked up about it :messenger_beaming:

I don’t know how people can tell the difference between 30fps and 60 - my eyes must be shit.

Will give them all a go, except that Blazblue thing.
I'm wondering, what is the phone model you are using? Does it have a 90 or 120hz refresh mode? Do you feel a difference when scrolling around at the high refresh mode Vs the standard 60hz mode?

If you do feel a difference, imagine that multipled X times for us while gaming at 60fps Vs 30. It's slow, it's sluggish, it's stuttery and just doesn't feel that good.

Chukhopops

I really like Minecraft Legends but they really need to improve unit selection and control, even Halo Wars 2 had shortcuts for Select All and Select All on Screen. Having to either recall the entire army or grab lost units one by one is just annoying.

Really cool concept but needs a couple patches.

acm2000

will give minecraft legends and redfall a go along with benedict fox, think i might have played through coffee talk for the gamer score at some point so maybe fire the sequel up too

Last edited:
Top Bottom