• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Wonder continues its No.1 reign | Robocop: Rogue City debuts at No.4 | UK Boxed Charts

Super Mario Wonder remained at the top of the UK boxed charts for a third week, keeping EA Sports FC 24 at No.2.

The football title rose one spot as Spider-Man 2 fell to No.3 after a 40% decline in sales week-on-week, according to GfK data.
Meanwhile, Animal Crossing: New Horizons took the No.10 spot following a 34% rise in sales.

There was only one new release in the Top Ten this week, with Robocop: Rogue City debuting at No.4.

A few more new titles debuted in the Top 20, including WarioWare: Move It, Star Ocean: The Second Story R, and EA Sports WRC.
Elsewhere, Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 dropped from its No.4 debut last week down to No.30 after a 85% decrease in sales. Sonic Superstars also moved further down the charts three weeks after release, falling from No.15 last week to No.26.

Finally, more titles experienced price promotions in the retail charts this week. Lego 2K Drive saw a 147% increase, largely driven by sales on Nintendo Switch. The Dark Souls Trilogy also saw a 106% boost in sales due to a price reduction on Xbox One.
Here is the GfK Boxed Top Ten for this week ending November 3, 2023:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Super Mario Bros Wonder
32EA Sports FC 24
23Spider-Man 2
New entry4Robocop: Rogue City
65Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
86Hogwarts Legacy
97Nintendo Switch Sports
58Assassin's Creed Mirage
109Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
1410Animal Crossing: New Horizons

GymWolf

75477e7c-7a3c-4741-a4b9-28a1f4ddebc8_text.gif

Saber

Gold Member
And Sega wants Sonic to beat Mario.
With what? Superstars? Lol, that game didn't show up in any chart, let alone has any chance to beat Mario Wonder. It has to be once again a stupidity from Iizuka.

MrA

Banned
Beat both Spider-Man and EA. Legs will be insane.

Thats a huge drop.
Spidey will uptick again for the holiday season, basically all the hyped by at launch fans got it, casuals family's cost conscious etc will wait for black friday sales
Near holiday launches tend to be weaker followed by better legs

Robocop deserves it. A breath of fresh air in this stale industry of sequels, remasters and other GaaS shit.

It's a licensed FPS tho based on a very popular film IP. Like, how original is that really, when you think about it?

Congrats to the game (and all the games that charted...where are Starfield and Forza BTW?), but it's somewhat a safe game to chart in Top 5 IMO.

Mr Moose

Isn't it 2nd week at number 1? It's only been out 17 days and Spider-Man beat it on release.
Edit:
Super Mario Bros Wonder topped the UK boxed charts this week, pushing last week's No.1 Spider-Man 2 to second place.
Yup.

Last edited:

Woopah

Beat both Spider-Man and EA. Legs will be insane.

Thats a huge drop.
That's a pretty normal drop, not huge at all
Nice to see the Xbox ecosystem so strong in the top 10, and congrats to Microsoft for holding on to the #1 spot.

I just reached the final final final final Wonder stage, and damn, it's tough.
I just did it today, but it took me so many attempts haha

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Spiderman 2 had a large second week drop than spiderman 1, so it's still too early to read if its legs will be weaker or stronger than the first

I'm just stating that a 40% drop is not huge. Not comparing legs at the moment because that's harder to do with. We stil need thr digital numbers.

Impotaku

It's the first robocop game i have seen that really nails the look and feel of the films, lets be honest all the previous releases both arcade,and on console & home 8/16 bit computers have been shit.

Only took several decades but finally one that is good.

Good. Good for all of them. Glad to see more unique titles holding the public interest. I wasn't sure how the general public would receive Mario Wonder considering AAA side-scrollers are exceptionally rare these days.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I wasn't sure how the general public would receive Mario Wonder considering AAA side-scrollers are exceptionally rare these days.
it was an easy success to guess.
1. It's Nintendo
2. It's Mario
3. 2D sidescrollers have been beloved by the public since.... well, since 7th gen, really. Celeste is regarded as one of the best games of all time, as are Hollow Knight and Terraria, all of which are 2D sidescrollers. Pizza Tower came out to glowing reviews and a massive fanbase, waiting for Antonblast. Sonic Mania 6 years ago was beloved and seen as a return to form for the franchise (wish I could say the same about Superstars) and of course the massive modding/rom hacking/fangame community for both Mario and Sonic as well as many others that I am 100% missing

Adding on top of the first 2 points it's the first 2D Mario game since NSMB Wii that didn't look like a soulless piece of shit that no one wanted, with actually good production values and a style and pizazz to top it off. the hype was massive and growing.

Last edited:
it was an easy success to guess.
1. It's Nintendo
2. It's Mario
3. 2D sidescrollers have been beloved by the public since.... well, since 7th gen, really. Celeste is regarded as one of the best games of all time, as are Hollow Knight and Terraria, all of which are 2D sidescrollers. Pizza Tower came out to glowing reviews and a massive fanbase, waiting for Antonblast. Sonic Mania 6 years ago was beloved and seen as a return to form for the franchise (wish I could say the same about Superstars) and of course the massive modding/rom hacking/fangame community for both Mario and Sonic as well as many others that I am 100% missing

Adding on top of the first 2 points it's the first 2D Mario game since NSMB Wii that didn't look like a soulless piece of shit that no one wanted, with actually good production values and a style and pizazz to top it off. the hype was massive and growing.
I feel like I didn't even learn about Wonder until like 2 months ago. Even that aside, you name a bunch of indie titles which was my point about AAA side-scrollers. Either way, I'm happy to have it!

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Come on Mario give somebody else a chance
Fixed.

It's 2D Mario. That it was beaten by Spider-Man for even a week speaks volumes to how much that game sold/is selling. Otherwise, it would have been business as usual for a new Mario game of this type.

Last edited:
It's a licensed FPS tho based on a very popular film IP. Like, how original is that really, when you think about it?

Congrats to the game (and all the games that charted...where are Starfield and Forza BTW?), but it's somewhat a safe game to chart in Top 5 IMO.

Fucking Robocop is a safe game… what?

Also the game does a lot of stuff right. Great buy for $60. And they did a lot of unique stuff in it. The skills, the pistol upgrade system, it’s not like it’s a generic shooter.

Top Bottom