• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superscope & Zapper games on Revolution?

Vieo

I just thought about this. How are we going to be playing Superscope and Zapper games on Revolution? Do you think the new controller will handle that as well or will they be releasing a new lightgun?

There's a lot of games that make use of the Zapper like Duckhunt and Bayou Billy!

Vieo

Mama Smurf said:
Who says they'll even make those games available?

Who says they won't, you grea... sorry. I haven't had my coffee yet...

But anyway, DUCK HUNT IS A CLASSIC!!

Timo

didn't nintendo say ALL nintendo games?

that would mean that they would probably be on there. a little zapper gun controller, make it 10-20 bucks, cash in on nostalgia. i don't see why nintendo wouldn't.

MingisDew

well since the light guns DONT work on HDTV, we should see those games on the Revolution...ya know...with NO HDTV support....... /bitter

Matlock

Banned
Lightgun via analog cursor, most likely. Nintendo's not had a lightgun game since Super Nintendo (although I'd love it if I were wrong here).

Vieo

There were actually some good games that used lightguns (I don't remember any for SNES). Probably more for NES since the system came with the zapper. I don't see why they wouldn't want to include those games.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy ranks up there among NES's best. It makes heavy use of the zapper in the later stages. They'll definitely want to offer it up because it's one of those games people would download. They can't possibly expect us to replay such a masterpiece using an analog/dpad unless the controller works really well with cursors.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Vieo said:
There were actually some good games that used lightguns (I don't remember any for SNES). Probably more for NES since the system came with the zapper. I don't see why they wouldn't want to include those games.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy ranks up there among NES's best. It makes heavy use of the zapper in the later stages. They'll definitely want to offer it up because it's one of those games people would download. They can't possibly expect us to replay such a masterpiece using an analog/dpad unless the controller works really well with cursors.

...dude, I don't even know what you're arguing here. You seem to be saying how these games will definitely be available, but then provide the reason they probably won't...no lightgun (probably).

Vieo

Mama Smurf said:
...dude, I don't even know what you're arguing here. You seem to be saying how these games will definitely be available, but then provide the reason they probably won't...no lightgun (probably).

Who's arguing? I just find it inconceivable that Nintendo would exclude some of the best NES games because they make use of a lightgun. So do I think they will definitely be available? Yes. Why? Because it's inconceivable for them not to be. Inconceivable! INCONCEIVABLE!!!!

Vieo said:
Who's arguing? I just find it inconceivable that Nintendo would exclude some of the best NES games because they make use of a lightgun. So do I think they will definitely be available? Yes. Why? Because it's inconceivable for them not to be. Inconceivable! INCONCEIVABLE!!!!

Come on, no light gun game sold as well, as say Super Mario Bros. 2. Nintendo usually pays very close attention to the bottom line, and why would they make a special controller, or even port them using analog control when only a small fraction of their user base would be interested.

Go buy a nes and a snes now, they are pretty cheap, and the gun games are really cheap.

Vieo said:
Nintendo's family-oriented image will ensure that no gun is released for the Rev. They just won't want to take any potential heat for such a minor niche.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Vieo said:

You're pretty weird.

Vieo

sidnotcrazy said:
Come on, no light gun game sold as well, as say Super Mario Bros. 2. Nintendo usually pays very close attention to the bottom line, and why would they make a special controller, or even port them using analog control when only a small fraction of their user base would be interested.

Go buy a nes and a snes now, they are pretty cheap, and the gun games are really cheap.

Meh. I see it as the opposite. The best selling games of NES will be most likely be the ones people don't buy. WTF am I babbling about? I'm saying topselling games like Super Mario Bros. have been played to death so much, people will probably look for NES games they didn't play yet before than go for the ones they did. Like the Star Tropics, the Street Fighter 2010s, the Snake's Revenges, the Black Mantas, etc.

And as far as the bottomline goes, I really don't think Nintendo is expecting to make serious loot on these old games. More than anything, they are looking for a cheap way to introduce their franchises to gamers as opposed to putting them on a GBA cart and charging $20+ for them like they did with NES classics for GBA. The idea will be if someone downloads Metroid who has never played it before, they will play it, like it, and then go "Hmm... I'm gonna go buy Metroid Prime.".

The real money will probably be from charging other devs to host their old games. :lol

EDIT:
Of All Trades said:
Nintendo's family-oriented image will ensure that no gun is released for the Rev. They just won't want to take any potential heat for such a minor niche.

Sarcasm? You're making lite of the situation! INCONCEIVABLE!

Gyro controller and on-screen cursor. Problem solved.

When I was young that robot thing dwelled in my basement alongside the nintendo like a demon. I still don't know how the FUCK that thing worked with Gyromite.

Propagandhim said:
When I was young that robot thing dwelled in my basement alongside the nintendo like a demon. I still don't know how the FUCK that thing worked with Gyromite.
It pressed A and B on the 2nd player controller. That's it. It was faster and easier to just do it by hand.

Top Bottom