• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's predict Nintendo Switch 2 launch games

akaijin

Neo Member
- A 3D Mario that will sublimate the vision of Bowser’s Fury
- P3R Royal (or whatever they’ll call it)
- That Steampunk Layton title
- cross gen Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon
- hopefully F-Zero and the first wave of a new MK
- Ports&Remakes (SF6, various RE, D Dogma 2, etc)
- Switch 1 titles running like docked while in portable mode on Switch 2 (Super Nintendo Switch)
- surprises

After the last Switch Nintendo Direct and having to replace my Zelda Pro Controller because it was defective, I got hyped for the Switch 2 and hopefully it comes sooner than later. So, I thought it would be interesting to know what people think which launch games it will have.

My predictions are as follow:

-New 3D Mario
-Metroid Prime 4
-A new gimmick game (showing the new gimmick)
-Assassin's Creed Shadow
-A Remaster/Remake
-Smash Bros. Complete Edition
-Mario Kart 10 (first year)

What games do you think it will launch with?
Personally I think like with Switch 1 it's quality over qty, and all about spacing things out. Mario Kart and MP4 launch day titles, along with one new IP/ casual game. And a small handful of 3rd party games or re-releases such as Elden Ring or RDR2.

3D Mario to follow in the fall
And the Zelda release for next year will be Wind Waker HD rerelease at 4K/60FPS
And of course Pokemon ZA by end of 2025
Animal Crossing & Smash 2026
Otherwise I think their games next-gen are going to take longer to make and we're gonna see gaps again start to happen

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
After the last Switch Nintendo Direct and having to replace my Zelda Pro Controller because it was defective, I got hyped for the Switch 2 and hopefully it comes sooner than later. So, I thought it would be interesting to know what people think which launch games it will have.

My predictions are as follow:

-New 3D Mario
-Metroid Prime 4
-A new gimmick game (showing the new gimmick)
-Assassin's Creed Shadow
-A Remaster/Remake
-Smash Bros. Complete Edition
-Mario Kart 10 (first year)

What games do you think it will launch with?

Starfox
New 3D Mario
Some mii garbage

Those will be the 3 killer launch apps.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Launch day or launch "window"? I wouldn't bet on more than two or three first party games for launch day. For launch window, I'm hoping they knock it out of the park like they did with the Switch and have roughly one first party game a month until Christmas.

On launch day, we're pretty much guaranteed to get Prime 4 as a cross-gen game, but that's a core-oriented franchise and fairly niche. If the rumors are true that they delayed Switch 2 to make sure they have a decent supply of consoles on hand, then they're going to want a big game to appeal to all audiences. I'd bet on Mario Kart X/9/Whatever for that role. We could also see a significantly smaller effort game aimed at showing off the console's new gimmick like Nintendoland or 1-2-Switch, but even that is pushing it.

I won't try to predict the whole launch window, but I'm hoping for a good mix of returning classics, remakes (come on, KI:U), experimental new IP a la Arms, and true sequels. I think they'll save 3D Mario for their big holiday title. Some of the games from the initial sizzle reel will invitably be saved for 2025 (Monolithsoft's next RPG, possibly Splatoon 4).

It will be interesting to see how full backwards compatability affects their output though. Big sellers like Smash Bros and Animal could just get a Deluxe edition in year 1 or 2 and hold out until year 4 or 5 for full on sequels. I'm hoping it drives them to bring new IP and reserve remakes/remasters for games on older hardware like the 3DS and Gamecube. We'll see.

DKPOWPOW

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond
Mario Kart 9X

That's it. That's all you need.

But realistically, 3rd parties like money too.

Final Fantasy XVI
Dragon Ball Sparking NTZ
Mario + Rabbids UBISOFT ORIGINAL Collection
Super F-U Street Fighter VI
Call of Duty: Black Ops Collection (1-3) $70 DAYUM EDITION.

In my dreams.

BLOODRED STEEL. OMGS
RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACCCEEER 8

EXCIIITE TRUCK
STAR FOX: REdeemeR.

Top Bottom