• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword of Etheria - Konami brings Oz to Europe

B E N K E

It seems Europe will get Oz Q1 next year unde a new title - Sword of Etheria. The screens were extremely tiny but it looks like the same game... or very similar.

swordetheriautannonseratfran_28524.jpg

swordetheriautannonseratfran_28525.jpg

swordetheriautannonseratfran_28526.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well, that's good news. The game is really damn fun. The team work dynamic is a blast to play with and the story is suprisingly good. Oh, and the soundtrack is dynamite.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Yeah, Oz indeed. Nice move on the part of Konami Europe (or whatever their division over there is called). Hope you Europeans enjoy it! :D

Also, North America AM CRY. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mashing said:
Umm, won't they have to change the name if it comes to America because of the HBO series Oz?

probably....maybe that's why they changed the name to Sword of Etheria for Europe?

B E N K E

Official PR:

The Sword of Etheria swings into action
Konami of Europe unveils an original, team-based combat title for PlayStation 2
August 17th, 2005

Konami of Europe is to release an original 3D sword-wielding action/exploration title for PlayStation 2 entitled The Sword of Etheria (working title). Featuring a trio of heroes and with the emphasis on working as one third of a skilled team, the game is due for release in February 2006.

The Sword of Etheria centres on a party of three warriors who are charged with repelling an invasion by a race of evil Gods. Players control a master swordsman called Feel, who must make his way through a series of free-roaming 3D worlds, doing battle with whatever misshapen monsters he encounters. He is assisted throughout the game by the CPU-controlled Armilla and Leon; the former a vampiric heroine capable of leaping huge distances, while Leon is a powerful brawler who prefers to use his fists than weapons.

Clever AI routines see Armilla and Leon respond to the player's use of Feel during the game, and the trio can work together to break down groups of assailants as they attack and even throw them between each other to create stunning-looking combination attacks! This combat system also works to maximise the individual skills of the trio. Leon's preference for hand-to-hand fighting makes him perfect for close-range skirmishes, while Armilla's jumping allows her to weaken distant opponents with diving attacks, before Feel moves into finish them off.

The Sword of Etheria features a series of running battles that require perfect timing on the player's part. Certain creatures can only be destroyed if all three heroes are involved in the attack, but the player is also rewarded with huge bonuses and experience points which will prove vital for taking out the larger adversaries that await in the game's 20, massive stages.

With so much depth of play on offer, however, the player is eased into the action with a mission set in a quiet village, but later levels see them move through underground catacombs and an intricate maze, while the constantly unfolding plot reveals there is more to The Sword of Etheria's three heroes than initially meets the eye...

The Sword of Etheria will be released for PlayStation 2 in February, 2006.

Here's hoping this release gets a 60hz mode, then. I'll probably be importing it back to the US. Of course, a PAL release means any chance of a dual-language mode is totally shot, doesn't it? *shrug*

How good is Konami about including 60hz modes in PAL releases?

What the fuck?

Is it me or do those screens look weird...it's like--if it's 3:3 not 4:3?

o_O

Maybe I've been looking at too many 16:9 screenshots or something...hm =/

nm: their 4:3, man--I'm trippy'ing out dudes O_O

dark10x

C- Warrior said:
What the fuck?

Is it me or do those screens look weird...it's like--if it's 3:3 not 4:3?

o_O

Maybe I've been looking at too many 16:9 screenshots or something...hm =/

nm: their 4:3, man--I'm trippy'ing out dudes O_O
No, there is something up with those screens...

Look...

oz-20050620103301921.jpg

So uh...are European TV's different or something?

*I'm sorry don't hit me* >_<

Or the likely answer, whoever posted them up for some reason cut the sides off?

Hmmm... Feel doesn't even use a sword, it looks more like an axe to me...

Maybe later in the game, I didn't get very far. Can't get used to the juggling, they just kill the opponent without juggling them over to me...

dark10x

FUCK JU JU

Damn it, I am having a VERY difficult time with this. :mad:

I can take her down so fast sometimes, but I can't F*CKING beat her.

dark10x

Finally beat that shithead. It was fun AND frustrating. The problem was that I kept tasting victory right before getting slaughtered. I should have given more thought to upgrades, I suppose. I'm stingy with the money (especially on Almira and Leon).

Top Bottom