• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock has gone Gold

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

kEat56J.jpg

Last edited:

amigastar

Is this Remake on Console too or just PC?
Anyways i'm looking forward to the Enhanced System Shock 2 game, never played it but always wanted to.

Juza

I was so excited for it, but the latest demo was a mess! I couldn't even finish it due to the crashes!

I guess I'll wait for performance reports before I get it.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Meh not excited for this, i loved System Shock 2, but this remake of the first game looks way too cartoonish imo, it just doesnt look like a System Shock game or at least how i imagine a SS game should look.
Aside from the based on the video i get the feeling that the gameplay is boring.
If i hear good thing i will try it, otherwise im good.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Never played SS so I may mess with this.

What can I expect without spoilers for gameplay and story ?

Kuranghi

I hope the PS4 version is enhanced for PS5 res/settings wise - I'd presume it runs at 60fps on Pro at least - because I doubt there will be a dedicated PS5 version. PC version will probably be fine on my 1080 + 3770K anyway, demo ran well enough but native 4K was a no-go while trying for 60fps, I think I settled on 1440p.

Justin9mm

Never played the original, I watched some recent gameplay of this and I know they are keeping faith of the original but not sure about the visual style how they mixed old and new?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Awesome. Away basically all June but that's waiting for me when I get back.

Ulysses 31

I think he talks about the remake of the game Bladerunner which was very buggy.
I think it was with the Silent Hill HD collection that Konami didn't have the source code anymore and Hijinx's port introduced bugs which weren't in the original retail version.

Dr.Morris79

Wasn't the source code lost so they had to reverse engineer it?
Aye thats what I heard but that begs the question. If the source code is gone and this (Bladerunner) is the result.. is it worth doing. Yeah it's playable but it does taint the original to new players somewhat.

Laptop1991

I'm interested in this game, i never played the original, and Bioshock is considered the spiritual successor according to some reports, big fan of all the Bioshock's, i'll check what its like after its out.

Top Bottom