• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takara announces more new Binaltech Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

SWEET!!!!

I got this off tformers.com

Thanks to our good friend J-man, we have news about Binaltech figures coming your way. Get ready for Hound repaint BT-09 Swindle, an as yet unnamed BT-11 Mini-Cooper and the big news BT-10 Grimlock that will be a 2005 Ford Mustang.

The Grimlock release date is tentatively set for December 2004. We also have news about the release dates for Swindle in November 2004 and the Mini Cooper in January, 2005.

Here is a pic. Its B&W, but u get the idea:

BT10Grimlockr-500.jpg

SwindleComp-500.jpg

aparisi2274

Well since the Binaltech/Altenator line are most likely all going to be cars, I can see Grimlock getting the mustang treatment. Also, Jazz is an RX8, not 6.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Ryu said:
That jazz is fucking awesome. How much will that retail for?

Probably the same as the rest. ~$50 for the JP version, ~$20 for the U.S. version. The difference is that the former will be made of metal, the latter, plastic. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. A good argument can be made for either, so just chalk it up to personal preference.

aparisi2274

xsarien said:
Probably the same as the rest. ~$50 for the JP version, ~$20 for the U.S. version. The difference is that the former will be made of metal, the latter, plastic. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. A good argument can be made for either, so just chalk it up to personal preference.

I dont believe in the plastic shit. Very flimsy, and just looks cheap to me. I like the imports, that are made out of metal. They are heavier, look better on display, and just look nicer in robot mode.

xsarien

daedsiluap
aparisi2274 said:
I dont believe in the plastic shit. Very flimsy, and just looks cheap to me. I like the imports, that are made out of metal. They are heavier, look better on display, and just look nicer in robot mode.

They also chip, which is a point of serious contention if you like the paint jobs to stay intact. I have a mix of both plastic and metal between my Alternators. From a distance, guess what:

They all look the same.

aparisi2274

No. Takara re-arranged the order.

BT-09 Swindle (hound Repaint, Decepticon)
BT-10 Grimlock (Mustang)
BT-11 (Mini Cooper)

aparisi2274 said:
Well since the Binaltech/Altenator line are most likely all going to be cars, I can see Grimlock getting the mustang treatment.

But why? they should have stuck to the car models/transformers.

Also, Jazz is an RX8, not 6.

really? I was going off of what someone else told me. I thought the newest was the 6?

Desperado

bune duggy said:
But why? they should have stuck to the car models/transformers.

really? I was going off of what someone else told me. I thought the newest was the 6?

ummm, i don't think the Mazda RX-6 even EXISTS... RX-7 and RX-8 are it. RX-8 is the new model.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Fuck. Yes. Fuck the plastic US versions, I'm dropping $50 for the real down from now on.

Still looking for Hound tho.

Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. A good argument can be made for either, so just chalk it up to personal preference.

What could be bad about the metal versions... Lead poisening? Bah!

n/m. They chip. I need to stop replying on impulse.

Shompola

Banned
Hound is pure shit IMO. I am not impressed with it at all. If possible find it cheap. It isn't worht the retail price IMO.

1) front wheels can not move sideways.
2) While there are die cast parts, the car is very plastic looking
3) Unstable in bot mode. Well mine is

xsarien

daedsiluap
DaCocoBrova said:
Fuck. Yes. Fuck the plastic US versions, I'm dropping $50 for the real down from now on.

Easily chipped yeah, also the added weight is either a plus or a minus, you decide. Die-cast just seems more fragile. But these are split hairs (mostly). I like both equally, I decide what I want to buy based on the particular car in question. For example, there was no way I was going to spent $50 on a *Viper*. ;)

Desperado

Shompola said:
Hound is pure shit IMO. I am not impressed with it at all. If possible find it cheap. It isn't worht the retail price IMO.

1) front wheels can not move sideways.
2) While there are die cast parts, the car is very plastic looking
3) Unstable in bot mode. Well mine is

Binaltech version?

--

disadvantages to Binaltech:

paint chipping
unstable robot modes due to heavy die-cast
cost

aparisi2274

Desperado said:
Binaltech version?

--

disadvantages to Binaltech:

paint chipping
unstable robot modes due to heavy die-cast
cost

Ok I have Binaltech versions of Sideswipe, and Hound.

Both of them are standing perfectly in some of the coolest poses ever. I also have the import of the MP Optimus and he is in a cool pose as well with him holding Megatron.

aparisi2274

DaCocoBrova said:

None of mine have any chips whatsoever. Also, if you want Hound, you can get him at www.ncsx.com, they have him for like $48, I think.

Desperado said:
ummm, i don't think the Mazda RX-6 even EXISTS... RX-7 and RX-8 are it. RX-8 is the new model.

RX-8 and 7 are acutally two different lines. The 7 is on it's way back the 8 is a variant based on the same engine. But, the 7 is it's on beast.

Once they finalize the new 7 it would be comparable to the 350 and G35 coupe.

aparisi2274

Allsparker Quantumhawk, through his contact, fellow fan Metroplex, has informed us of some information released by Hasbro at their panel during this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

-Alternators Grimlock WILL be silver.
- There has been no attempt at getting the Mini Cooper license for an Alternator, but that is not to say it couldn't happen.
- They haven't given up on getting the Volkswagen license.
- They have several clay mock-ups for Alternators to which they haven't gotten the license yet.

All these questions and more will definitely be addressed at the upcoming Official Transformers Collectors' Convention, which starts this Saturday at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.

Got that off the tformers.com website.

Grimlock

I'm not sure if I could ever get used to a Grimlock that ain't a dinobot, but I do have to admit that model looks slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom