• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5 (Finale) - Review Thread

Astarte

This is one of those games where you think it's just a fucking bad idea all around but then you finish episode 1 and you thank the heavens it got made the way it did. Been waiting since then for all of the episodes to release so I could play them without waiting for the next episode.

YaglXIX.gif

Mike and Jay were being sarcastic as fuck in that gif though...

Corpsepyre

Banned
Don't think TT has made any bad game yet....except for Minecraft. That shit was horrible.

Everything else has been good to solid, to fucking AWESOME!

Daingurse

I own this, need to install and play. Was enjoying watching my younger brother play, but he stopped digging it 2 episodes deep. Looks like one of Telltales' best efforts, up there with TWD S1, and TWAU.

Zemm

I've only played the first two episodes so far but it's already one of the best games I've played this year. It's almost perfect (I can't think of one single complaint). Everything comes together so well, the writing, the music, those intros, the characters, I'm fucking shocked how good this game is. I hated Back to the Future for reference and only thought the walking dead was "OK". TellTale are clearly at their best when doing comedy. I have never laughed at a game before like I have with this, the intro to the 2nd episode had me in tears.

I've only played the first two episodes so far but it's already one of the best games I've played this year. It's almost perfect (I can't think of one single complaint). Everything comes together so well, the writing, the music, those intros, the characters, I'm fucking shocked how good this game is. I hated Back to the Future for reference and only thought the walking dead was "OK". TellTale are clearly at their best when doing comedy. I have never laughed at a game before like I have with this, the intro to the 2nd episode had me in tears.

If you think it's funny now, wait until you play episode 4

Corpsepyre

Banned
I must be playing a different game, because GoT has been quite compelling, and I've been heavily invested in all the storylines.

Don't quite like the visual palette though, but that's a nitpick.

Velcoro

The Wolf Among Us and TWD are my favorite but GoT is still really good. Had no idea they even released the last ep.

LeonSPBR

I played the four episodes last week, and one complaint that I have is that the "choices" that you make in the game don't matter, it changes nothing... other than that it's great written and I'm waiting for it's final episode and waiting on LiS final episode as well.

carlsojo

I played the four episodes last week, and one complaint that I have is that the "choices" that you make in the game don't matter, it changes nothing... other than that it's great written and I'm waiting for it's final episode and waiting on LiS final episode as well.

Welcome to Telltale games! :p

Corpekata

Banned
Wouldn't say nothing changes. Based on one of the earlier choices I didn't even know a character from Presequel was in the game. They appeared in a later episode too, but I only found out about it when people were discussing them a few days after I'd beaten it.

Garlador

I'm slightly amused that what's supposedly a spin-off game is likely going to be a higher-rated game than the core games.

Deservedly so. This game actually has made me care about the Borderlands world.

Up on Steam now nice to see such high reviews this game too has made me care more about the Borderlands world then the main games can't wait for it to get done downloading.

Fuz

Banned
The absolute best episode. And probably the best episode among all the Telltale games.
It's really fantastic, and that final fight is pure genius.

This finale, written in collaboration with longtime Borderlands writer Anthony Burch

...and that explains it.

Top Bottom