• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Yeah I saw that all of the costumes except the swimsuit and pirate stuff is up... Those are the ones I wanted lol.

ETA: Which I'm sure is deliberate. Make the less desirable costumes available first, so we'll settle for them now, and also buy the ones we really want later.

Ydelnae

I just want the japanese Velvet costume since the costumes she has in game are either NPC tier or her main design which I do not like at all.

So I'm not buying the entire set if I just want one. I wasn't even interested in paying for that one.

So what exactly are the preorder bonuses for this game supposed to be? Because I see the 15 minute skit video and a bunch of themes on the PSN store for free.

Bladenic

5 hours in so far, beat the second boss.

Graphics look good enough. I thought the first village looked great actually. Characters are great, Magilou is definitely the best character so far. Velvet is so fun in battle.

Animekatt

My CE just arrived from Best Buy. They packed it in a box with air bags and everything, so the box is mint. I'm so excited!

Rainy

Banned
Wow Amazon is out of stock, I ordered it when it said "in stock" but I guess they said my order came too late. Might just go pick it up from Best Buy then.

Bladenic

I highly recommend playing on Hard mode from the beginning since so far it's felt easier than other Tales games on Hard early on. Velvet just too good. I'm sure this will probably change as the game goes on, I've just got a party of 4.

Just bit on this. Haven't really enjoyed a Tales since Vesperia, and Abyss is still the high point for me. Last few entries left me cold, but... I want to believe!

If story is really a big step up from the last few entries I'll be happy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Did they ever do a Legacy costume pack for the game in Japan? If so, surprised it wasn't a pre-order bonus like Zestiria(which still never went up for sale on NA PSN!)

sitting right next to me......but won't be able to play it until like 9......

currently at work....

Edit: Wow, Amazon is out of stock! guess I was lucky with mine!!!

MegaPanda

According to the Tales Twitter, Steam version unlocks on the 26th @ 3PM PST.
Stay strong pc friends.
I need this game now

Derkon

Ugh, Amazon still does not have an estimate for my preorder. Didn't think this would ever be an issue for a Tales game, I could cancel and get it at Gamestop I guess but I lose my 20% Prime discount.

According to the Tales Twitter, Steam version unlocks on the 26th @ 3PM PST.
Stay strong pc friends.
I need this game now

Just to make sure, local co-op is fully functional on PC right? My buddy and I played through one together forever ago (Vesperia? Whatever one had a rad dog with a pipe) and i'm considering grabbing a copy of this for us to hang out and play. Feeling like playing a Tales game and I recall the co-op being really fun.

Merc_

What the hell is going on with Amazon? I still don't have an estimate on my delivery and I preordered the game ages ago.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is the first Tales entry to feel like a true Tales game since Vesperia.

I can't decide if I want to use Velvet's default or villager outfit. Default has a cool cape. Villager isn't as... ridiculous.

Rainy

Banned
Before I start...are there any costumes that are missable in the game?

Also have people been going with the English or Japanese VA? Has the English VA been as bad as some reviews say?

This is the first Tales entry to feel like a true Tales game since Vesperia.

I can't decide if I want to use Velvet's default or villager outfit. Default has a cool cape. Villager isn't as... ridiculous.

This also is my virst Tales game. Are there any better costumes for velvet? The default costume seemed a bit ridiculous but the villager one sucks too... for other reasons.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Anyone know what's in the Adventure Items Super Pack DLC? The description is hilariously uninformative and it's $20.

An item set for adventurers containing various enhancement goods.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
velvel11.jpg

This design would have been perfect.

Which one, you ask? Either.

Bladenic

Had my first wipe, it was on a level 25 dire foe. Pissed because it was 1000 HP away from death. Fml and now I have to fight all these battles again and shit.

Bladenic

My friend said Artorius is voiced by Ray Chase? Wow, that's some range (if it's indeed him). Completely unrecognizable from Noctis.

straylize

My friend said Artorius is voiced by Ray Chase? Wow, that's some range (if it's indeed him). Completely unrecognizable from Noctis.

I thought it was him when I heard him, but he confirmed it on twitter a little while ago. Definitely legit, his range is impressive.

Lucreto

Does the game have dozen different dlc on the store like the previous titles in the US? There was no mention on the EU update? I used the increased item capacity with Zestiria.

Secondly, how does earning Gald work in this game? In Zestiria to earn a decent amount you had to play on higher difficulty.

Just bought my friends slim on the cheap and I'm downloading this now, should be ready in 30 minutes, this is probably one of the only jrpg series I will play and it has in recent years dethroned final fantasy at the top spot for me. I really hope it can reach Vesperia type levels. Popped in the review thread before and it seems to be a possibility

ubercheez

I see they still charge too much for costumes. God, I miss the days of most of the costumes being in game through events and such.

Yeah, the search for costumes was always one of my favorite parts of Tales games in the Abyss/Vesperia heyday. Made me happy to explore all the side content.

Rainy

Banned
I'll be honest this might be my favorite OP since "Karma" for Abyss.

If I've played plenty of Tales games prior, what do you guys suggest, Normal or Moderate?

FSLink

Banned
I'll be honest this might be my favorite OP since "Karma" for Abyss.

If I've played plenty of Tales games prior, what do you guys suggest, Normal or Moderate?
Whatever the hardest mode is available from the start. Berseria is notoriously button mashy on the default difficulty.

Top Bottom