• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarantino went downhill since Django Unchained

Hateful Eight was one of those films I walked out of fucking elated, I loved it and the audience loved it. Then you read reviews later and wonder if people saw the same movie. I can see why people dislike it but I love it and have seen it probably five times now.

I like all of them quite frankly. I thought Once... was surprisingly sweet and human? The ending especially made the movie for me, it was a level of emotional impact I don't expect from him really.

Also my favorite QT is Jackie Brown. I still think that movie is a masterpiece and the chemistry between Grier and Forster is something to behold. That scene in her apartment and the ending especially are incredible sequences.

Laieon

One mark of a great film is rewatchability.

One mark, sure. It's certainly not the only mark though. Schindler's List, Requiem for a Dream, and American History X (for some quick, off the top of my head examples) are all masterpieces but I'm certainly not eager to go out and rewatch them any time soon. I think impact is just as much a mark of a great film, and for some of them once is enough.

I'd question someone who wanted nothing more than to rewatch something like Salo, A Serbian Film, or Martyrs again and again.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm rewatching The Hateful 8 again, and that entire discussion in the carriage between Walton Goggings, Samuel L, Jennifier Jason Leigjh, and Kurt Russell is out of this world.

As a native Virginian and Southerner, Goggins is so awesome. We just don't get openly proud Southern actors like him.

Edit: I feel I have to say that I am not cool with his racism. I just love how Southern he is

Last edited:
Top Bottom