• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen blasts NWA's "Fuck tha Police" during slain officers funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Not cool.

Not ok.

Not nice.

But it is meaningful and in some ways the point of free speech.

However. Empathy imo is the best part of human nature and the part we should DoubleDown on. Forever.

Ohh boo hoo. I'm sure the minorities you treat like shit have it worse.

fund7n-1-web.jpg

This minority did nothing wrong.

I have no idea whether to take what the kid said about family being shot at cops at face value either

The Post said they didn't find anybody by the names he gave. They could suck at their job, but most papers do have access to gunshot reports (at least in Philly they do/did)

Yeah, that part is the sketchy part.

I'm pretty sure that part was them rolling in and going YO SHUT THE FUCK UP and it escalated

I got no clue who to yell at here tbh

Kevtones

Teenagers can be very impulsive/less rational.
He had a right. Free speech.
He may have a legitimate beef with the local cops.
I don't like how the cops reacted.
Still not a good idea nor a good look no matter your stance.

norm9

Getting evicted for that is pretty harsh.

The hypothetical conversation between the landLord and 20+ cops must have been something. Probably something about coming back here, or not coming back here, or *knocks over tv accidentally* something else.

Cyframe

People can say this is in bad taste and I would agree, but it points out the failure on the part of the police if they have a relationship like that with their community. 20 cops responding to this is completely outlandish. Even more so is a photo of a minor who wasn't convicted of any crime, that type of reporting is completely irresponsible and his photo shouldn't have been used.

Gallbaro

Banned
I have no idea whether to take what the kid said about family being shot at cops at face value either

The Post said they didn't find anybody by the names he gave. They could suck at their job, but most papers do have access to gunshot reports (at least in Philly they do/did)

I'm pretty sure that part was them rolling in and going YO SHUT THE FUCK UP and it escalated

I got no clue who to yell at here tbh

Yes but did they have legal justification to enter the resdence is the million dollar (literally) question.

People can say this is in bad taste and I would agree, but it points out the failure on the part of the police if they have a relationship like that with their community. 20 cops responding to this is completely outlandish. Even more so is a photo of a minor who wasn't convicted of any crime, that type of reporting is completely irresponsible and his photo shouldn't have been used.
I was also wondering why they showed his photo and name.

The hypothetical conversation between the landLord and 20+ cops must have been something. Probably something about coming back here, or not coming back here, or *knocks over tv accidentally* something else.

Yeah there's no way that conversation was fun at all

Yes but did they have legal justification to enter the resdence is the million dollar (literally) question.

hellllllllllllllll no

I was also wondering why they showed his photo and name.

You're right, that is kinda weird. Maybe parents gave permission?

I get how doing this during a funeral is messed up. But I can't really say I care enough to feel bad for the cops. Especially after hearing he's lost family to police.

On the one hand, it was in terrible taste and the kid deserved a good scare.

On the other hand, the kid's thoughts about getting his family evicted over stupid shit probably amount to... "man... fuck the police."

Mully

I understand why he did it, but it's just so insensitive and unbelievably offensive to the Familia family and her loved ones.

Kyzer

Banned
Nah, fuck 'em. The justice system won't touch them, the least they can put up with is some hurt feelings.

Who is "they"? You think cops are an organized crime family and all racist killing machines? Were supposed to be fighting against generalizations

Slayven

"pretend to care" I've been to almost every black lives matter protest around because I'm pretending I care when we're shot in the streets like animals ... good to know.

Yet you tried to shame minorities, you said you been to ever protest, you never said what side of the line you were on

Unbounded

Can't say I'd do it, but I 100% get why he would, and can't exactly blame him.

Tbh if I was 16 and in that same situation I'd probably do the same shit cause yknow, teenager.

Slayven

Who is "they"? You think cops are an organized crime family and all racist killing machines? Were supposed to be fighting against generalizations

*looks at the stacks of reports, studies from variety of organizations including the DOJ saying how corrupt police have become nation wide*

ok........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom