• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Last Ronin announced | THQ Nordic Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Black Forest Games have announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC. The game is an ARPG like God of War (2018)

Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:

Who is the Last Ronin? In a future, battle-ravaged New York City, a lone surviving Turtle embarks on a seemingly hopeless mission seeking justice for the family he lost. From the minds of the creators of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and based on the best-selling comic book event by Eastman, Waltz, Bishop, Delgado, and the Escorza Brothers: the official video game adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin.

F3Rge1maMAAPyax
F3Rga7KagAAJH9k

Last edited:
Does Nickleon own the IP now? If so, it seems like TMNT is their most lucrative franchise after Spongebob.

I wish SABAN Entertainment, then Disney, then SABAN Brand, now Hasbro would figure out what to do with the POWER RANGER franchise since the toys and Live show was more of a Millenial. the consumer appeal. The comics seem to be doing great, they just need to really apply it to games now.

Last edited:

Certinty

Enjoyed the comic but I would still prefer a game with all four turtles alive and kicking, especially after seeing the new film. The interactions and uniqueness between the guys is what makes TMNT for me.

kiphalfton

So is this based on that comic? The best comic?

Because I'm hearing the movie that is out is a total Gen Z trainwreck.

It's not bad.

My only major gripes were the pop culture references littered throughout the movie and the use of smartphones, but really it's just a sign of the times.

Other than that the art style was interesting and it's a fun enough movie to watch (whether you have kids or not).

RCU005

What happened with the female yellow turtle that was introduced? It’s that from this comic? Something else? Already forgotten?

Ozzie666

TMNT peaked with Shredder's Revenge. This is a really tough act to follow after such a great 2D beat'em up. But the dark comic turtles have never really been captured properly.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
When it was being discussed last year they wanted it to have the feel of God of War. I hope this fucking works as the source material should work well.

Hopefully Vanilla Ice gets a cameo.

Top Bottom