• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - Dimension Shellshock Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge unveils a brand new Dimension Shellshock DLC, coming later this year. In addition to a new game mode and character colors, Dimension Shellshock brings new playable fighters, including the razor-sharp Usagi Yojimbo. The steely rabbit samurai is ready to hop across dimensions to fight evil and witness a new style of otherworldly battles awaiting the Turtles!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks great, I'm definitely in

TMNTSR_DS_GIF_Usagi.gif

TMNTSR_DS_GIF_Color.gif

YCoCg

Was not expecting this so very happy, day one!

Looks a bit light honestly. Character colors (good they listened !) should have been a free update.
There's more stuff to be revealed they've said on Twitter more characters and stages are coming, as well as new music.

Holammer

Day one. Don't remember who Usagi is though.
It's one of the first early 80's "anthromorphics" comics, a genre better known as furry nowadays. Comic is actually pretty solid and you can read it online on certain sites of ill repute.
Afaik the character had a few crossover episodes in the original TNMT cartoon and the reboots. Turtles made a few guest appearances in the comic too.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-usagi-yojimbo-2017-stan-sakai-991730.png

Gambit2483

Usagi Yojimbo?? Hell yeah. That's all I wanted from a DLC, i.e. new characters, costumes, modes ad story/levels.

Please let this be priced reasonably.

I did not like the base game enough to try this. It is strange, but the game felt like a chore instead of an exciting experience like the Konami beat 'em up games that inspired it. The shield ninjas broke immersion, the Triceratops waves bored me to tears, the collectibles were a detrimental addition, the cameos were throwaways, the surfing levels dragged, and there were too many levels with too much filler in them.

The only way I would get this is if they did a survival mode akin to Streets of Rage 4 with pickups and unlockables.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Honestly they could keep putting out 2 dlc packs like this a year for the next 12 years and I would buy them all.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

I did not like the base game enough to try this. It is strange, but the game felt like a chore instead of an exciting experience like the Konami beat 'em up games that inspired it. The shield ninjas broke immersion, the Triceratops waves bored me to tears, the collectibles were a detrimental addition, the cameos were throwaways, the surfing levels dragged, and there were too many levels with too much filler in them.

The only way I would get this is if they did a survival mode akin to Streets of Rage 4 with pickups and unlockables.

Like most beat'em ups the game is infinitely more fun if you have an entire group of people to play with. Even just 2 player co-op makes it feel much more fun. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it as much as myself and others have...

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Bucky O'Hare would've been better.

They missed a great opportunity.

Anyway, the game is fucking GOOOORGEOUS!!! GAWD DAMN!!
10/10 pixel art for sure. The whole artstyle is so ON POINT!

Gameplay is amazing as well. It's a true sequel to Turtles in Time.
It's an AAA indie game (quality wise) for sure.

Labolas

Considering most of us thought this game was one and done it's brilliant to see it getting a big patch and DLC this year.
Tbh, I didn't think it was a one and done. Considering the game sold relatively well for a beatemup. And it's from the same team that did SOR4 and that got dlc. So I expect the same sort of deal with this as well.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

What this game misses is that typical arcade pacing and length. I played it for about an hour and then put it aside. After 10 ish levels I just have enough. I much rather do a quick run of TMNT Arcade or In Time.

SoR4 has the same length as the other games in the series, it feels right. But TMNT SR, while a good package overall, feels bloated.

cireza

Is it me of they did the exact same thing as Streets of Rage 4 ? They could have shaken up the formula a bit...

I tried Dimension Shellshocked's Survival Mode and feel a bit bummed. Many pickups with the exception of boss juice, temporary attack speed boost, temporary invincible taunt, and crystals are taken directly from the main game. There is no powering up or elementally infusing different attacks, no traps/weapons to use, and no health items except if a player is lucky enough to get one at the end of the level. There does not seem to be anything unlockable that changes how characters are played. The stages themselves are aesthetically random with factory and missing comic book panel ones having particularly annoying hazards. Worst of all, the crystals to progress seem to drop randomly with many tougher enemies dropping nothing at all. It feels half-baked.

As far as the new characters added are concerned, they are a mixed bag. Usagi's animations look awesome but he is slow and lacks power. Karai on the other hand is a surprisingly fun addition with awesome specials and throws on top of agile attacks that erase enemies, but has some awkward stances in animation frames. It is sad to see Usagi get the short end of the stick relative to the rest of the cast and will hopefully get an adjustment or mod.

Is it worth $8? I don't know... For everything good in the DLC, there is something bad.

Last edited:

Labolas

I tried Dimension Shellshocked's Survival Mode and feel a bit bummed. Many pickups with the exception of boss juice, temporary attack speed boost, temporary invincible taunt, and crystals are taken directly from the main game. There is no powering up or elementally infusing different attacks, no traps/weapons to use, and no health items except if a player is lucky enough to get one at the end of the level. There does not seem to be anything unlockable that changes how characters are played. The stages themselves are aesthetically random with factory and missing comic book panel ones having particularly annoying hazards. Worst of all, the crystals to progress seem to drop randomly with many tougher enemies dropping nothing at all. It feels half-baked.

As far as the new characters added are concerned, they are a mixed bag. Usagi's animations look awesome but he is slow and lacks power. Karai on the other hand is a surprisingly fun addition with awesome specials and throws on top of agile attacks that erase enemies, but has some awkward stances in animation frames. It is sad to see Usagi get the short end of the stick relative to the rest of the cast and will hopefully get an adjustment or mod.

Is it worth $8? I don't know... For everything good in the DLC, there is something bad.
Sounds like Karai is broken as Shiva in SOR4. Fitting cuz she was broken in Tournament Fighters which has her moves in this game.

Top Bottom