• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 - Story & Gameplay Teaser Trailer

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is Lidia confirmed?
BBPz4a8.jpg

SSfox

"I’m not sure this is well understood in the West..."

Somebody tells and remind Harada that most western people know and watched all/most Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies
861ygbm.png

PS: So it's confirmed name's Jack - 8 (Not Gun Jack 2 or something)
It's Marshall and not Forest.

Anyway so excited, Tekken is the only franchise that make me scream like an ultra excited little girl.

Last edited:

NT80

I think it looks old, visually. The lighting is dumb basic compared to the previous trailer, it’s so obvious.

I thought the new Street Fighter was ass, this is worst, that’s crazy.
It looks way better than SF6 and this seems to be a lot earlier in development compared to that. They mentioned things like lighting in the latest interview.
Harada emphasizes that some of the technical elements you’ll see in the trailer, including the lighting and visual elements, are still works in progress and not quite up to the level they want them to be yet.

I'm expecting this around early 2024 so it's still a long way off. They have to maintain that solid 60fps for all systems though so that will be a difficulty.

It looks way better than SF6 and this seems to be a lot earlier in development compared to that. They mentioned things like lighting in the latest interview.
Harada emphasizes that some of the technical elements you’ll see in the trailer, including the lighting and visual elements, are still works in progress and not quite up to the level they want them to be yet.

I'm expecting this around early 2024 so it's still a long way off. They have to maintain that solid 60fps for all systems though so that will be a difficulty.
We'll see because the level they are on right now is absolute ass.

SSfox

Fji2FwfWAAEbnVx

Maybe it will look better when release. Hopefully much better.

T7 have seen huge imrovement during its cycle. between T7 Arcade beta to T7 Arcade release, and even after that it got small graphics update (UE4 was super young at the time so they were discovering new stuffs all the time still for a while), then there was the big Arcade T7FR Update a year later that seen huge upgrade, which pretty much is the official and final version build of consoles and PC for T7 graphic wise.

Fji2FwfWAAEbnVx

T7 have seen huge imrovement during its cycle. between T7 Arcade beta to T7 Arcade release, and even after that it got small graphics update (UE4 was super young at the time so they were discovering new stuffs all the time still for a while), then there was the big Arcade T7FR Update a year later that seen huge upgrade, which pretty much is the official and final version build of consoles and PC for T7 graphic wise.
Yeah that's what i mean.

spinfive

Banned
It's great that Jun is back she has only been in about 3 other games, I wonder if the story will tie up or not. I like that it just looks like updated Tekken 7 with again overly redesigned characters.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They're currently showing extended footage from the trailer. Videos should appear on Twitter soon.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Colisseum stage is dope, but rage arts are shit frosting. Hope they ditch that shit along with power crush and mid-crush. Heat seems to be an auto juggle, which likely does way less damage than most juggles. Still looks like modded Tekken 7 on PC unfortunately.

Griffon

Does't look nearly as bad as some people were crying about.

It seems the heat is activated when you lend a hit with some specific attacks. It's nothing worse than a launcher (except it seems you actually have a chance to defend it).

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

WAIT A MINAAAAAATE ... Evya Kowalskief's, a new character from Holland that will be reveal at TWT Finals at Amsterdam ???

Is that the actual PLAN???
columbo.gif

? They said there WON'T be a reveal at TWT Finals.

This is just a poster of made up model, I believe. It's not Street Fighter where there are character showcases on every poster or billboard.

SSfox

? They said there WON'T be a reveal at TWT Finals.

This is just a poster of made up model, I believe. It's not Street Fighter where there are character showcases on every poster or billboard.
Nope they said opposite, try listen better next time (and it was obvious they would even if they didn't say)

And ... Nope necessarily also. It's not the Tekken Team type of doing character with name with no purpose.

GrayFoxPL

Nope they said opposite, try listen better next time (and it was obvious they would even if they didn't say)

And ... Nope necessarily also. It's not the Tekken Team type of doing character with name with no purpose.
Ah they said there won't be a date at TWT. Okay.

Will see.

I hope new dlc character will have ending story mode as well. All the dlc character in tekken 7 just added in with almost no context lol.

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Fji2FwfWAAEbnVx

Can't help but notice those broken chains at the top kinda look like someone's throwing sausages around.
Can't unsee it anymore, either.

Top Bottom