• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale Games CEO steps down again, former Zynga exec Pete Hawley named new CEO

I remember Batman running like shit on my PC, also not as impressive as TWD Season 1 in terms of gameplay. Telltale is really stuck nowadays, I see no progress in terms of their games.

But are they actually doing well? They're playing big with licenses like Batman and Guardians, but I don't get the impression that they're selling well at all. That latest Batman season just came out, and I get the impression that very few people actually care.

Yes, I think they are doing poorly. I made a note of this in a sale thread last month, where GOTG was nearly 50% off. Which is an insane drop for a Telltale series, considering the game had only released 2 episodes at that point, with the third imminent. Batman season 1 didn't get that low until 2 months after the 5th episode dropped.

They're more hit than miss these days, or so it seems.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I remember Batman running like shit on my PC, also not as impressive as TWD Season 1 in terms of gameplay. Telltale is really stuck nowadays, I see no progress in terms of their games.
The gameplay is the story. And the presentation is what's progressed. In terms of presentation there's a massive gap between TWD Season 1 and TWD Season 3 both in terms of rendering and in terms of animation quality.

The gameplay is the story. And the presentation is what's progressed. In terms of presentation there's a massive gap between TWD Season 1 and TWD Season 3 both in terms of rendering and in terms of animation quality.
I remember in TWD1 the need to press a button, in Batman it all felt like a continuous movie scene for the most part, press a button, don't press a button, at the end of the day it didn't really matter. On the other hand the story was quite amazing.

vinikun

Neo Member
Pete used to be my boss back at RedRobot. He was definitely a motivated, inspired dude. Could sometimes get extremely pissed and yell at people. Not exactly professional.

I hope he doesn’t do that at Teltale. I’d like to imagine he has changed since I knew him 5 years ago.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I remember in TWD1 the need to press a button, in Batman it all felt like a continuous movie scene for the most part, press a button, don't press a button, at the end of the day it didn't really matter. On the other hand the story was quite amazing.
They've gotten better at integrating the story into the gameplay, to the point where the two don't seem like two separate entities as simple as the gameplay is mechanically.

They've gotten better at integrating the story into the gameplay, to the point where the two don't seem like two separate entities as simple as the gameplay is mechanically.
They actually got worse at it. Might as well just remove all sort of 'gameplay' and leave a few choices to make and call it a day.

Zolo

MCSM S2 has had a decent amount of gameplay in it, but for the most part, Telltale basically makes interactive movies these days. I don't mean that as an insult as much as I think of it as a sorta equivalent to visual novels.

MCSM S2 has had a decent amount of gameplay in it, but for the most part, Telltale basically makes interactive movies these days. I don't mean that as an insult as much as I think of it as a sorta equivalent to visual novels.
ُEXACTLY my thoughts. I didn't play Minecraft, but I was hoping for more from Batman. Again I loved the new take on Batman's origin story, I really liked it, but I felt I was not playing, only watching, something I didn't experience back when I played TWD. Yet I think I will get used to it, after all I am really intrigued by the Batman story they are cocking.

Yukinari

I bought the Telltale humble bundle and realized i dont even like them anymore.

Maybe ill try out Borderlands since i hear its good but this company is past its glory days.

I bought the Telltale humble bundle and realized i dont even like them anymore.

Maybe ill try out Borderlands since i hear its good but this company is past its glory days.

Borderlands is pretty good and still has some game play. So do the Minecraft story mode seasons. Anything based on comic medium seems to struggle.

So are their games still going to be perpetually broken?

TWD lost my save progress every couple days, I just started playing tales for the borderlands and got a bug where the eye scan sound played every couple seconds.

Such a piece of shit wasteman developer I've never seen, I can't remember the last time I've seen such a big annoying bug in a game 5 minutes in.

Top Bottom