• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Fables game now titled The Wolf Among Us (Summer, PC/Mac/PS3/360)

twauignjpg-e212ea1.jpg
Telltale has revealed that its game based on DC comics series Fables will be titled The Wolf Among Us. Set to arrive on Xbox 360, PC, Mac and PlayStation 3 this summer, The Wolf Among Us takes place prior to the comics and lets players take on the role of Bigby Wolf (The Big Bad Wolf), who has been exiled to New York City. The game follows Wolf as he tries to keep fairy tale characters including Mr. Toad and the Three Little Pigs undetected in our world.

“Developing The Wolf Among Us based on the Fables universe has allowed our studio to build upon all of the hallmarks of what makes our episodic series so engaging for players,” said Telltale CEO Dan Connors. “Through an evolution of our approach to choice and consequence, we can further explore the complexity of each and every iconic character in a universe rich with untold history from the darkest sides of the storybooks.”

Today’s announcement confirms a tease from Telltale last week that hinted at Bigby Wolf’s appearance. Telltale originally announced Fables back in 2011, but Connors confirmed to IGN last month that the game would be released under a different name.

Look out for more on The Wolf Among Us in the coming weeks.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/telltales-fables-is-called-the-wolf-among-us

Didn't find a thread about this. As excited as the Poker Night 2 leak makes me, I'm also really looking forward to this game.

Weird to see TellTale transition from making modern day Lucas Arts style adventure games to dark and gritty choice driven games. I guess they still have poker night but its still a big shift.

inm8num2

This one will be similar to TWD in gameplay (focus on dialogue choices), right? Just curious.

I'm definitely interested either way.

Chairhome

I'm scared that its a different team from TWD since they're probably working on season 2. But man, I love Fables. Hope this comes out well.

JeTmAn81

Big B. Wolf is possibly Fables's best character (the Wolverine of that universe, if you will), so this is good news. It won't make as much of a splash as the Walking Dead game, but it could be a lot of fun.

Cheska

Wait, what!? Where the fuck have I been? Never even heard anything about this and Fables is one of my absolute favorite comics!

After The Walking Dead being announced for Vita, I was hoping this would come day one. Guessing if there's iOS/Android/Vita ports, they'll come later.

Meh, I'll just get it on PC.

Big B. Wolf is possibly Fables's best character (the Wolverine of that universe, if you will), so this is good news.

Agreed

I expected it, but I'm still sorta disappointed it's before the comics. I wanted to see the pups D:

Never read this series because the writer comes off like such a douche. I know that isn't a good reason... The covers always looked amazing.

Is that Sean Phillips art in the OP?

Pretty sure that's a pic made with the game's models.

JeTmAn81

The gigantic, swarming mass of bugs on the console platforms. I love Telltale, I really do, but their tech scares me on a platform where I can't backup my saves easily.

I remember hearing about issues with the PS3 version, but my playthrough was a near flawless experience. I saw some slowdown a few times.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know nothing of the Fables series, but I'm interested after TWD. I'll be interested to see if this is more TWD quality or *gulp*, Jurassic Park quality. Telltale can be hard to predict.

Cartman86

Banned
No save game bug?

360 version has save game bugs as well. I ran into one.

Anyways I'm really happy this is actually happening. Was worried it wouldn't. So is anyone from the Walking Dead team working on this? I thought I heard they were.

EdmondD

I'm a Fables fan so I'm really looking forward to this. Telltale did a good job with The Walking Dead so I'm optimistic this will be a good game.

diamount

Banned
And here I was starting to think the project had collapsed under the success of TWD.

I'm really glad they aren't milking it's success, if Telltale was under a publisher they'd probably be sticking to making Walking Dead games.

Ghazi

Don't worry guys, pretty soon they'll be changing it to "The Unreadable Game Save Among Us" to commemorate their technical success of TWD.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
What's with games of DC-published comics and the words "Among Us" in their titles lately?

Batman: Arkham Among Us

Excellent. I'm really interested to see how this turns out, and playing a game as Bigby prior to the comic is pretty awesome.

Hopefully the game is a big success and we can get an Adventures of Jack Horner spinoff.

Fables is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Yes, it is. Fables achieves ridiculous levels of excellence every month.

Excellent. I'm really interested to see how this turns out, and playing a game as Bigby prior to the comic is pretty awesome.

Hopefully the game is a big success and we can get an Adventures of Jack Horner spinoff.

Yes, it is. Fables achieves ridiculous levels of excellence every month.

No we need Boy Blue!!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fables!?

Holyyyy shit.

I wonder if they'll keep the adult aspects. Also I wonder how far they'll go in the plot.

fleck0

I spent a bit of yesterday ranting at my younger sister about the Fables books because she mentioned she enjoyed all the "Twilight-ification" (she didn't say that word) of fairy-tales there has been lately. Grimm, Once Upon a Time, That Hansel and Gretel Movie, etc.

I hope this does well and am very hyped.

Roto13

I feel like I should read Fables.

Why are you playing a Telltale game on anything but PC?

The gigantic, swarming mass of bugs on the console platforms. I love Telltale, I really do, but their tech scares me on a platform where I can't backup my saves easily.

Ha ha ha, ok, well, you know, the platform with the most serious problem (the saves that don't transfer between episodes) is PC, but alright.

Top Bottom