• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Fables game now titled The Wolf Among Us (Summer, PC/Mac/PS3/360)

FoneBone

So scheduling-wise, I guess this puts Kings Quest into 2014, given that we know TWD S2 is this fall?
Has it been mentioned in any recent interview? I'm inclined to think it's been canned - it doesn't seem to fit with Telltale's shift away from more traditional point-and-clicks.

Sciz

Is Telltale doing their own thing within the comic framework, or are they following a certain story?

Being a prequel, it's definitely their own thing. There's a big gulf of time prior to where the series picks up that's almost completely blank.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Being a prequel, it's definitely their own thing. There's a big gulf of time prior to where the series picks up that's almost completely blank.

Oh so it's after "Snow White prequel" but before the first comic?

sueil

Never heard of it but look forward to TT's next effort. Hopefully the success of TWD gave them a boost in the budget.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has it been mentioned in any recent interview? I'm inclined to think it's been canned - it doesn't seem to fit with Telltale's shift away from more traditional point-and-clicks.

Has Fables been mentioned since the announcement before now?

Hindle

Banned
TWD was great although I'd have liked more puzzles. Hopefully they put more focus on the adventure aspects and not just the story.

Fjordson

Sweet. Forgot they were doing this.

Fables has always sounded great, but I've never read it. Might have to pick up a few trades soon.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ah I love Fables, I read a bunch of issues last year but I forget where I stopped so I wouldn't know where to pick it up again lol. I'll keep an eye out for this game, I really enjoyed TWD so I'm looking forward to seeing what Telltale can do.

I'm really glad this is set in the era when I liked Fables. I've totally fallen off that book lately, but I loved the beginning when they were still in Fabletown.

Boss Doggie

I'm really glad this is set in the era when I liked Fables. I've totally fallen off that book lately, but I loved the beginning when they were still in Fabletown.

Yeah it kinda lost its focus sometime around when they made
that witch who defeats Baba Yaga young again

Berordn

Ha ha ha, ok, well, you know, the platform with the most serious problem (the saves that don't transfer between episodes) is PC, but alright.

I actually never heard of that one affecting PC, but that's one of the issues I had with the PS3 version before I gave up. I just feel a little better being on a platform where I can backup the saves as I'm playing.

The moral of this story is that Telltale's engine could really use a lot of work on everything (except iOS, apparently).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Why are you playing a Telltale game on anything but PC?

Because TWD was much better on iPad and with a touch interface? Yes, I own both versions PC/iOS , also together with chapter 1 on PS3/X360. Also even on iOS there were 3 saving slots so you could back up saves by copying it to another slot.

Boss Doggie

The problem with Telltale games was during Sam and Max season 3 - apparently it's a good idea to create "fake analog stick controls" over mouse controls in a PC GAME.

Platy

YES FABLES !

Needs more glorious looking cover, but I can survive without Jean/Ruas being in the game, I guess

Top Bottom