• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk adding SNL hosting job to his to-do list (May 8th)

800.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — Technology mogul Elon Musk has lined up a new gig in addition to his jobs as CEO of electric car maker Tesla and spaceship maker SpaceX. He is going to host the iconic TV show “Saturday Night Live.”

Musk’s scheduled May 8 appearance builds upon his recent run of success. Tesla’s stock is worth nearly six times more than it was before the pandemic started, leaving Musk with an estimated fortune of $177 billion, according to Forbes magazine. And SpaceX just a launched a mission that sent astronauts to the International Space Station.

Saturday Night Live doesn’t make a habit of having business executives host its show, but Musk is far from a stuffy corporate type. He regularly jokes around on Twitter, where he has nearly 52 million followers and has gotten into legal trouble for making disparaging remarks about critics and hinting that he might lead a buyout of Tesla that resulted him getting fined $20 million by stock market regulators.

Miley Cyrus will be the musical guest on the night Musk hosts.

Sounds good to me. Apparently some of the cast members aren't thrilled by the surprise decision.

Last edited:

Mistake

I’ll watch, but unless he’s in some skits after, I’ll promptly turn it off. Last I looked, it was either cringe or sex jokes.

CloudNull

Banned
Wow a lot of people in the same boat here.

I haven’t watched in years but will tune in. A great opportunity for them to potentially capture a different audience than normal.

Hahaha... This just turned into MuskLive, cause I stopped watching this shit sometime after, Phil Hartman passed.

Btw, watching.... Purely. For, Musk.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm just here for the gifs and memes

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Already started the "why is he hosting" articles. Can't host unless you are fully aligned with the SNL staff.

Yeah I love Elon Musk but even he isn't enough to make me want to sit through SNL.

SNL could have Alex Jones hosting with complete artistic freedom and I wouldn't give them the time of day. They are the worst shit of all time.

CloudNull

Banned
Do you really believe that Las vegas transit system is gonna deliver what he promised?.
Data for unique tunneling methods? 100%.

There is no denying that the project has been trimmed back in it original scope but theBoring company has been open about all this. It was proof of concept project showing their prototype tunneling methods worked. They are hiring like mad and further developing the tech/process. Spacex was created in 2001 and didn't have a successful launch until 2008. Changing a well established industry or creating a new one takes time.

They only thing that you could call a scam is maybe the overpriced Tequila that Tesla sold, although that is clever marketing and the fans bought it up so who am I to judge.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Data for unique tunneling methods? 100%.

There is no denying that the project has been trimmed back in it original scope but theBoring company has been open about all this. It was proof of concept project showing their prototype tunneling methods worked. They are hiring like mad and further developing the tech/process...

I think the contract still states moving 3,960 passengers per hour for 13 hours?. Some people said he was selling lies, we shall see.

Last edited:

ManaByte

“Saturday Night Live” cast members won’t be forced to appear alongside controversial billionaire Elon Musk when he hosts the show, Page Six is told.

“Speaking historically, if a cast member has been that unhappy, they don’t have to do it,” a source told us. “[‘SNL’ boss Lorne Michaels] won’t ever make them do anything they don’t want to do.”

This is on the back of some type of Existential Technology Event and this event will be so super-massive that Elon Musk is aware that the good PR will be needed.

supernova8

Banned
What are the odds he pulls a Sinead O'connor/Rage Against the Machine stunt that gets him banned from the show?

I hope he does. I've yet to see SNL make any jokes about Biden, despite their onslaught of Trump during his time in office. Not that I prefer Trump, just that these comedy shows (if you can still call it that) should be able to dish it out to anyone (including transgender people with that don't tell, don't tuck joke recently that has (hilariously) set off transgender activists who somehow think they have the sole right to not have jokes made about them.)

Last edited:

trikster40

Yeah apparently there’s going to be a special room for cast members who get triggered by him. Geez I hope someone helps them go potty and wipe their bottoms.

Ionian

Maddonna's book with the nudity was banned here, then they sold it in brown paper bag. I used to marvel at that, top shelf, too young to reach it. Did when I was older, pretty shit and a disappointment. She should keep her clothes on.

Funnily enough 'The catcher in the rye' is part of the list and became taught in schools, I had to read it and had my leaving certificate exam on it as part of English exam. Weird book, no idea why it was banned though. Never read anything obscene in it, just found it funny.

Last edited:

nush

Maddonna's book with the nudity was banned here, then they sold it in brown paper bag. I used to marvel at that, top shelf, too young to reach it. Did when I was older, pretty shit and a disappointment. She should keep her clothes on.

Funnily enough 'The catcher in the rye' is part of the list and became taught in schools, I had to read it and had my leaving certificate exam on it as part of English exam. Weird book, no idea why it was banned though. Never read anything obscene in it, just found it funny.
200.gif

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

I remember jerking off to pics from that book when I was a kid. You’re right tho, it was shit. I also had a pic of Madonna with her nipples out in some women’s magazine that I fapped to for a while. She was wearing some kind of high fashion outfit with her nipples fully out.

*jk*

nush

I remember jerking off to pics from that book when I was a kid. You’re right tho, it was shit. I also had a pic of Madonna with her nipples out in some women’s magazine that I fapped to for a while. She was wearing some kind of high fashion outfit with her nipples fully out.

*jk*

A guy I worked with brought it and took it into work for us all to see. It was artsy shit and a £2 grot mag was better. The guy who brought it was a massive perv though, and a nonce, he's dead now. Unrelated to buying Madonnas sex book.

Top Bottom