• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2023: Xbox Digital Broadcast Returns - Updates on Xbox/Bethesda/Asian Partners + New Game Pass Announcements

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Xbox Digital Broadcast will be returning to Tokyo Game Show on September 21 at 6 pm JST / 9 am UTC / 2 am PDT. Tokyo Game Show represents a special time each year where we share news and updates on games that we hope will delight Xbox fans in Japan and across Asia.

Players can expect to hear progress updates from Xbox and Bethesda Softworks and see a creatively diverse collection of games from creators predominantly located in Japan and across Asia. We’ll also share exciting new games coming to Xbox Game Pass, which continues to grow with great content from teams all around Asia.

Xbox fans who will be in Japan and near the Makuhari Messe on Saturday 23 September are invited to apply for free tickets to a special in-person event with Phil Spencer and Sarah Bond hosted by IGN Japan. Fans can visit the IGN Japan website or Twitter account from today to learn more about the event and apply for tickets to attend.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Sony: 😴.

I know there is the thing they're supposed to have something at TGS but already that's basically being downtalked as a small indie presence.

Between stuff like this (supposing it results in anything further significant) and the Switch 2 rumors, I welcome the increased competition if it lights a fire under PlayStation's ass to do more with Japanese third-party devs/pubs specifically.

And for God's sake, get someone relatable out there to drown out the "all in everybody's stuff, always hogging the spotlight, always gotta be the center of attention" Good Guy Phil™ Spencer.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Does that mean final fanstasy games on gamepass?
Or is phil adding more japanese games to gamepass?

feynoob

Banned

I know there is the thing they're supposed to have something at TGS but already that's basically being downtalked as a small indie presence.

Between stuff like this (supposing it results in anything further significant) and the Switch 2 rumors, I welcome the increased competition if it lights a fire under PlayStation's ass to do more with Japanese third-party devs/pubs specifically.

And for God's sake, get someone relatable out there to drown out the "all in everybody's stuff, always hogging the spotlight, always gotta be the center of attention" Good Guy Phil™ Spencer.
I feel like they are in a bind situation. Since their showcase, its has been shitshow for them.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Wasnt there rumor of State of Play happening this month? I wonder what PSVR2 games announcement we’ll be getting

Bungie

Loved all the showcases so far, looking forward to this considering who they recently hired.

Last edited:
This is the one I’ve been waiting for. I’m excited to see what Team Green has up its sleeve after all their Japanese partnerships ramping up as of late. I would expect Square Enid to announce some stuff and maybe some SEGA news sprinkled in there. JSRemaster maybe?

Rac3r

Does PlayStation even have an executive in charge of Japan/Asia software, or does Hermen Hulst just do everything? I feel like Yoshida would've been the perfect guy for the job, in addition to managing the indie games output.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is the one I’ve been waiting for. I’m excited to see what Team Green has up its sleeve after all their Japanese partnerships ramping up as of late. I would expect Square Enid to announce some stuff and maybe some SEGA news sprinkled in there. JSRemaster maybe?

The Sony exec who joined Xbox has the Director of Japanese partnerships said "see you at TGS" in her position announcement, wonder if she's already pulling some strings and making partnership deals.

e8GPNUNaD4tDVGRr3Rc9RE-970-80.jpg.webp

Last edited:

StereoVsn

We need Kevin Butler back!

nial

Gold Member
Does PlayStation even have an executive in charge of Japan/Asia software, or does Hermen Hulst just do everything? I feel like Yoshida would've been the perfect guy for the job, in addition to managing the indie games output.
While I don't have any real knowledge on this, I'm guessing that each SIE branch (Japan, America, Europe, etc.) should have their own WWS units with their own executives, directors, etc., and Hermen Hulst oversees all of them in top of that. You asked quite an interesting question, I want to do some research on it.

Top Bottom