• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 20 Greatest DC Comics By Geoff Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.
20. A kids game
19.Forever Evil
18.Kids
17.Virtue and Vice
16. The Trench
15.The Return of Hawkman
14. Blitz
13.Final Crisis: Legion of three worlds
12.Green Lantern Rebirth
11.Batman: Earth one
10. Infinite Crisis
9.Secret Origin
8.New Kid In Town
7.Justice League Origin
6.Blackest Night
5.The Darkseid War
4.52 Pick up
3.Superman and the Legion of SuperHeros
2.Absolute Zero
1.The Sinestro Corps Wars

http://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-20-greatest-dc-comics/
thoughts ?

Ephemeris

Misread the title and thought Geoff made that list.

Was immediately disappointed then relived to find out I was wrong. Lol

The 20 Greatest DC Comics By Geoff Johns
20. A kids game
19.Forever Evil
18.Kids
17.Virtue and Vice
16. The Trench
15.The Return of Hawkman
14. Blitz
13.Final Crisis: Legion of three worlds
12.Green Lantern Rebirth
11.Batman: Earth one
10. Infinite Crisis
9.Secret Origin
8.New Kid In Town
7.Justice League Origin
6.Blackest Night
5.The Darkseid War
4.52 Pick up
3.Superman and the Legion of SuperHeros
2.Absolute Zero
1.The Sinestro Corps Wars

kswiston

Assuming they are talking about the best individual Johns story arcs, I don't think Forever Evil deserves to be in the top 20. I'd take most of his JSA and Flash stories over that.

Slayven

Assuming they are talking about the best individual Johns story arcs, I don't think Forever Evil deserves to be in the top 20. I'd take most of his JSA and Flash stories over that.

Damn right, dude reinvented JSA for a new age and they list other bullshit over that?

Slayven

Not when WB's too afraid to venture outside of the Batman/Superman pool. At best, it'd get retooled into a Justice League movie.

It is criminal how much good shit they leave on the table. Blitz, Sinsetro War, Legends of a Dead Earth, Underworld Unleashed, Blackest Night, Sins of Youth, etc

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm okay with this list, if only because they recognize the greatness of that post-52 Booster Gold run.

I remember Rebirth being super corny. The Batman punch was just silly.
Secret origin is just...ok. Nothing special there. If that fits in his top 10 I'm not sure I want to read the other ones.

The Return of Hawkman TPB was my entry into reading DC in English and discovering their weird continuity as well as the JSA. I had only read some Batman and Superman stuff and a couple of issues of Crisis in French before that. I instantly fell in love with it. It's not necessarily the best story on that list but I remember laughing out loud at the absurdity of some of the pages. I didn't know comics could get that crazy.

His JSA run is his best work as a whole. Then Flash. Then the rest.

Viewt

Johns' JSA/Justice Society of America run is legit one of the all-time greats in the medium.

His Teen Titans was also great. And his Green Lantern run up through Blackest Night was fantastic.

There are real criticisms you can level at Johns, but the dude has put out tremendous work. And he's got one of the best attitudes in the business.

Really want John's Booster Gold to be reprinted, haven't had a chance to read it.

My favorite John's stories were the first volume of JSA and Blitz/Rogue War and pretty much all of GL up until Brightest Day.

Also however much of 52 you want to attribute to Johns. I like to think he did most of the black adam stuff.

higemaru

Hell yeah 52 Pick Up is still one of the only Johns comics I've really checked out and since that's most of my exposure to him, I can't understand why people would dislike him. 52 Pick Up is the Booster Gold comic imo. Everything I wanted from him after reading 52.

Viewt

Really want John's Booster Gold to be reprinted, haven't had a chance to read it.

My favorite John's stories were the first volume of JSA and Blitz/Rogue War and pretty much all of GL up until Brightest Day.

Also however much of 52 you want to attribute to Johns. I like to think he did most of the black adam stuff.

Johns' Shazam! was the best thing about New 52 after Snyder's Batman.

Hell yeah 52 Pick Up is still one of the only Johns comics I've really checked out and since that's most of my exposure to him, I can't understand why people would dislike him. 52 Pick Up is the Booster Gold comic imo. Everything I wanted from him after reading 52.

It's certainly one of the best character revivals Johns did. Jurgens following him as writer wasn't my favorite, but Johns had done such a great job setting up that character, it was actually really enjoyable from time to time.

By the way, if you like Booster, you should check out Justice League: Generation Lost. He's one of the main characters in it and kills it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom