• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
Well it wasn't the most exciting race and as an Aston fan it was very disappointing but it's still something to follow the great race. Should probably get some sleep now, 2h since 6am yesterday morning has left me conflusated.

Great race, congratulations to Porsche and Corvette. Can't wait for next year and the return of the GT40 and Nissan either.

Apparently there's 3 brits on the various podiums too? Woot!

Now, sleep or MotoGP? Hmmmm.

One year to the next one :(

Congrats to Porsche. Audi will take it next year!

I dunno, Audi may have "Mr. LeMans" but the king of that track is back! The winning-est manufacturer isn't going away any time soon!

Seriously a 1 - 2 finish is incredible after they just came back last year. It's been 4 years since Toyota's been back and the best they've been able to manage is 2nd place.

Huge applause to Corvette as well. They started the race with a dead sister car but pulled through for a win!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so, who did pull an all nighter after all? I napped for half an hour at arround 3:45 and another half at 10 this morning.

had planned to sleep now, but im not even tired anymore after Hulks win!

dubc35

so, who did pull an all nighter after all? I napped for half an hour at arround 3:45 and another half at 10 this morning.

I slept from about 1130p-530a. The night here being the end is rough.

That Michelin man is stoked!!

Always, my friend, always.

Le Mans comes but once a year. There are 364 other nights that I can waste by sleeping.

Spookie

I wonder what Nico will do next. I mean why the hell would you want to go back to a middle tier F1 team when you can just run in WEC?

Shaneus

Fuck, forgot to thank ED for the great OT as well. Holy shit this was a fun weekend, and anyone reading: next year, seriously get the official WEC weekend coverage pack. It's so goddamn worth it, it's insane.

Great weekend, congrats to Porsche and to Dempsey Racing for getting a podium too (even if we don't see it).

PS. As much as it pains me to say it, I had so much more fun following this via my phone, iPad and HTPC than I did in person at this year's Melbourne GP. Can't wait for this sort of coverage to eventually (hopefully) come to F1. Until then, WEC is my thing.

Missed about 7 hours to sleep, didn't miss much.

I wonder what Nico will do next. I mean why the hell would you want to go back to a middle tier F1 team when you can just run in WEC?

Yeah I don't think he's going to retire from WEC. Porsche certainly isn't going to kick him out.

Now he's going back to his Force India that hasn't had any major update this year.

Really hope Webber wins the 24h before he retires.

Agremont

Well done Porsche, Chevrolet and Ferrari. It was an interesting race this year with plenty of incidents. Shame about Nissan. I wonder if they're going to keep working on the design or just scrap it in favour of a more conventional one for next year.

Also thanks to Edmond Dantès for a good OP.

Ark

I didn't post much, but it's been great following this thread alongside the race. Thanks for the OT Edmond, fantastic as always.

Got a couple of hours in the night, but I was completely knackered after a long cycle ride yesterday.

LoveCake

I really DO NOT like it at the end of LeMans on EuroSport, the race finishes after 24 hours & as soon as it finishes that's it, the coverage is over!

It has been broadcast live for the previous 24 hours, after a 90min F1 race the channels spend at least a hour yapping abut what has gone on in the race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I fell asleep in the last two hours and woke up now.

It has been a pleasure commenting the race in this thread :)

I really DO NOT like it at the end of LeMans on EuroSport, the race finishes after 24 hours & as soon as it finishes that's it, the coverage is over!

It has been broadcast live for the previous 24 hours, after a 90min F1 race the channels spend at least a hour yapping abut what has gone on in the race.

Yeah, missus and I a bit pissed off about that. Wanted to watch the podiums for the other classes.

DD

I'd like to thank Edmond Dantès for this fuckin' awesome OT, and for providing the streaming link that without it, I wouldn't see a damn thing about this race. You're the best user on this bloody forum, mate. Thank you!

If he gets an offer to jump ship to WEC via Porsche, I say take it. He's stuck in midfield hell in F1 since the big teams already scooped up their top drivers and his only chance of ever making it to a top team will be to play second fiddle to their respective #1 drivers so he'll never get a fair shot.

It's great to finally see him win big, and ironically it's not at F1 but at a one shot weekend gig ;)

Fox Sports was just as terrible. Too many commercials at the end, skipping Hulkenberg's victory radio transmission for a Patrick Dempsey interview (omg Hollywood actor smfh) and they didn't even replay what was said to Hulk :(

The during the pre and post podium ceremony they kept interviewing various people, as well as live discussion in the studio (as if we haven't heard you guys chat the whole race already) and showed only a small portion of the podium ceremony then ended the show without showing the complete podium ceremony because the next show in this channel is already starting and their Le Mans coverage is already beyond its time limit.

I'll never take their F1 coverage for granted again. Their Le Mans coverage is a hot mess in comparison.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I passed out 4 hours before the race ended, gotta track down the final laps and postrace.

Fox Sports's coverage of this race was a fucking joke. Most of what I watched was through streams and not them.

Fantastic race (of what I saw) and fantastic thread. We should do this again for Nurburgring!

dalin80

Banned
Fantastic race (of what I saw) and fantastic thread. We should do this again for Nurburgring!

Including the 6h WEC races there are quite a few endurance races every year and who knows with increasing popularity that may increase.

Just to note I don't include the Dubai 24 as an actual race as the teams are given a laptime that they cant go faster then which is... so very retarded.

Draconian

Fox Sports's coverage of this race was a fucking joke. Most of what I watched was through streams and not them.

At least they're trying I suppose? It leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, at least I can say that I watched way more of this race than I have any of the previous ones.

I'd like to watch Nurburgring. I wonder if there will be the same variety of streaming options for that one as there was for this.

LoveCake

BlMdSnY.png

Not sure about RoW but here in the UK some are on EuroSport, BT Sport or Motors TV from what i can see here http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-wec-is-coming-to-a-tv-screen-near-to-you_3013.html

In the USA Fos 2 will be showing the US race in Austin live http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-w...distribution-package-for-6-hrs-cota_2268.html

I think people are just going to have to find a live stream, maybe an idea to have a single thread here so people can subscribe to it so they can keep up-to date with info?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
BlMdSnY.png

Not sure about RoW but here in the UK some are on EuroSport, BT Sport or Motors TV from what i can see here http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-wec-is-coming-to-a-tv-screen-near-to-you_3013.html

In the USA Fos 2 will be showing the US race in Austin live http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-w...distribution-package-for-6-hrs-cota_2268.html

I think people are just going to have to find a live stream, maybe an idea to have a single thread here so people can subscribe to it so they can keep up-to date with info?
There is a dedicated motorsports thread in the community section, but it doesn't get the same level of activity as it did in the past, especially since the F1 community branched off. A dedicated WEC/endurance thread could work. I could rustle something up before the next race in August and we could use that thread throughout the remainder of the season.

nicolajNN

As an Audi guy I hate to say it, but very well deserved Porsche win, #19 had a flawless race. Audi had an unusual amount of hiccups, both mechanical and driving. Also very nice to see Corvette back on top at Le Mans, and it was part of some great racing on the way.

Btw, did something happen to the Viper? It was leading at one point, but ended last(I think) in the AM class.

EDIT: Nvm, it retired, must've missed that.

LoveCake

Anyone in the UK can watch the WEC races live on MotorsTV on Freeview.

Ok cool, i wasn't sure from what was on the WEC website, i had seen some of Spa & Silverstone, but couldn't remember what channel it was on.

Edmond Dantès;167781674 said:
There is a dedicated motorsports thread in the community section, but it doesn't get the same level of activity as it did in the past, especially since the F1 community branched off. A dedicated WEC/endurance thread could work. I could rustle something up before the next race in August and we could use that thread throughout the remainder of the season.

Yes i think that would be a good idea.

dubc35

Edmond Dantès;167781674 said:
Sounds good. The motorsports thread is still 2014 spec. I didn't really see a reason to create a new one when the info/users would be about the same, and it would still live in OT community.

After some teething issues at the beginning I really liked the WEC app. $30 for the rest of the season which equates to $6/race for people wanting to watch more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom