• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 59th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| The Year Of Realizing Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
People don't like normal "boring" performances, yet when someone goes outside the box they also hate it.

Keep doin you K-dot, Bey, Yeezy, Gaga.

EYEL1NER

The expressions on some of the faces in the crowd afterwards were killing me.
Bruno's coming up, so I'm hyped for that. They gonna give out anymore awards on-air? I haven't watched the Grammy Awards in forever so I honestly don't know if this is what it's like now or not.
EDIT: Oh, guess they just answered my question an award is coming up next.

nullref

I love how whenever someone like Kanye, Frank Ocean, or Beyonce try doing anything remotely beyond the norm, people can't wait to call them prententious egotistical hacks jerking themselves off.

Yeah, even if it crosses into pretentious or silly now and then, I appreciate the ambition, that they're really fucking going for it.

Quonny

Lady Gaga could do that exact performance and no one in here would bat an eye.
Not true, but whatever. I don't care enough about what some celebrity does on some award show to post more than twice about it.

Thought it was self-indulgent and laughable. But if you liked it that's fine. I like a lot of divisive stuff too.

conpfreak

That was an amazing performance considering Beyonce's pregnancy limitations. One of the better Grammy performances in years. Production was off the charts.

Aomber

As a huge Daft Punk fan, anyone else think that was... One of the weaker performances so far? I don't know, it was just so boring, basically the whole show was just The Weeknd with Daft Punk chillin on the stage lol

I know that's what Daft Punk usually does anyway but it wasn't really backed up with anything else

MIMIC

Banned
Is tonight the night Bey finally becomes an official deity?

source.gif

Floridian

Best Country Solo Performance:
"Love Can Go To Hell" — Brandy Clark
"Vice" — Miranda Lambert
"My Church" — Maren Morris
"Church Bells" — Carrie Underwood
"Blue Ain't Your Color" — Keith Urban

As a huge Daft Punk fan, anyone else think that was... One of the weaker performances so far? I don't know, it was just so boring, basically the whole show was just The Weeknd with Daft Punk chillin on the stage lol

I know that's what Daft Punk usually does anyway but it wasn't really backed up with anything else

Kraft Punk > Daft Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom