• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Trailer at the Game Awards

Ryu Kaiba

I'm A God Damn Super Hero.

Beautiful Art Direction. Such personality.
What a lovely antagonist. I'd watch an anime about Daemon and Fu's relationship. This trailer propelled No More Heroes III to one of 2020's most anticipated for me.

x7iStLJ.jpg

honorable mention: Hellblade 2

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Ghost of Tsushima and Hellblade 2 looked like the best

I wasn't too crazy about the character models & animations in GoT but damn did they build a beautiful world. I really liked that trailer too, so pretty to look at.

Ryu Kaiba

I wasn't too crazy about the character models & animations in GoT but damn did they build a beautiful world. I really liked that trailer too, so pretty to look at.
I feel like I'm still missing something with Ghosts of Tsushima everyone seems so stoked on it and i'm happy for them visually it looks great but haven't seen what makes it a must buy. Maybe its not as linear as it looks to me in the trailers.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I feel like I'm still missing something with Ghosts of Tsushima everyone seems so stoked on it and i'm happy for them visually it looks great but haven't seen what makes it a must buy. Maybe its not as linear as it looks to me in the trailers.

I really don't have any interest in the game itself, not my type of game, which is good since I no longer have a PS4 :messenger_winking: I just enjoyed the trailer because it was so pretty to look at.

Fbh

Goddamn superhero was great up until it's revealed that it's just No More Heroes 3.

So I'll go with Tsushima because it was great and actually showed in game stuff (specially the full trailer that doesn't cut away to the orchestra)
Hellblade was great too in setting the tone but it's more of a conceptual trailer.

For me, it's No More Heroes 3. I didn't manage to watch it during the Live show but I love the effort to subvert the perceptions of the audience.

Ryu Kaiba

Goddamn superhero was great up until it's revealed that it's just No More Heroes 3.

So I'll go with Tsushima because it was great and actually showed in game stuff (specially the full trailer that doesn't cut away to the orchestra)
Hellblade was great too in setting the tone but it's more of a conceptual trailer.
A lot of people are saying They wish God Damn Super Hero was the game But it IS the game they are the same thing thats how No More Heroes is

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Hellblade II and it’s not even close (imo)

Not really. It was flashy but completely bereft of anything resembling gameplay. That's not a trailer, its a rendering demo.

Kinda disappointing to me how something so superficial can get so much hype.

Be excited about the potential of XSX by all means, I can dig that. But for the love of God, see that trailer for what it is, because you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No More Heroes 3 is most entertaining to watch.

Bravely Default 2 is most exciting one.

Rest I didn’t care much, I’m looking forward to Ghost Tsushima but didn’t really rise my hype and at that point I just want a proper gameplay footage, not another cinematic trailer.

V4skunk

Banned
Not really. It was flashy but completely bereft of anything resembling gameplay. That's not a trailer, its a rendering demo.

Kinda disappointing to me how something so superficial can get so much hype.

Be excited about the potential of XSX by all means, I can dig that. But for the love of God, see that trailer for what it is, because you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Hellblades trailer makes me cringe.

Loved it. Great way to reveal the main antagonists of the game too (The galactic invasion, the alien prince and his escaped prison convict allies). Also revealed that Travis will be taking part in the Galactic Superhero Rankings, which should be a blast compared to fighting just human opponents. It was a nice exposition dump, and it explained what was going on in the original trailer too.

Last edited:

Fbh

A lot of people are saying They wish God Damn Super Hero was the game But it IS the game they are the same thing thats how No More Heroes is

I played No More Heroes 2 several years ago and I just didn't like it very much. The wacky story and characters where fun enough but I didn't like the gameplay at all nor did I particularly like the main character.

So if that game was any indication of what I can expect from this it simply kills any hype or interest the trailer might have generated.

Top Bottom