• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The big 3 movie production logos

Best film production logo

• Nintendo

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Sega

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters
Now that the dust has settled and we finally have nintendos logo who has the best one?

Ranking is tough for the top spot. Sega and Nintendo knocked it out of the park. But in the movie theater I’d say Segas hit harder. It’s almost reverent

Nintendo went simple router and it bangs.

PlayStation sucks ass. I really don’t get it. They have the most experience in movie production. All the characters are too recent. It’s just lame.

Sony would have won if they straight up just did a version of the ps1 boot up

Audiophile

SEGA one by a mile, actually feels like a movie ident whereas the others just feel like run of the mill game intros.

The epic music blending with the iconic SEGA cue sets the tone.

nial

Gold Member
is there a xbox one?
Yes.
m0kZlXq.jpg

Robb

Gold Member
I’m curious if Nintendo will always use this one or theme their intro based on the movie. I could see the Zelda movie using an intro with an 8-bit Link and Zelda music instead, for example.

Last edited:

Nvzman

I'd definitely say the SEGA one.
I remember watching the first Sonic movie on valentines day with my ex (at the time girlfriend) in an incredibly packed theater not expecting anything special. When the logo came up and I saw all of the games I grew up playing it actually was emotionally touching. Felt like a "look how we got here" moment.

I’m curious if Nintendo will always use this one or theme their intro based on the movie. I could see the Zelda movie using an intro with an 8-bit Link and Zelda music instead, for example.
Yeah I’m hoping they switch it up. That would be rad

Del_X

Nintendo. It promotes its video game roots without being pretentious “we wish we were movies” dogshit.

Shin-Ra

SEGA > NINTENDO > PS

The Sega intro’s most authentic to their real game heritage, showing their most famous mascot and a variety of real game footage.
Nintendo focuses on Mario, not a big surprise and it’s for the Mario Movie but still a bit one track and boring.
PlayStation CGify’s many of their great characters but loses all authenticity in doing so.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The others are just generic MCU style shite.
No doubt.

If Sega, Sony and the comic intros were all done by the same director, I wouldnt doubt it one bit. Same shit.

Nintendo's is lame but at least totally different.

Sega's is by far the best one of the three. Really cool the put the Golden Axe character select screen right beside Sonic.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I like the Sega one. It's cool how you kinda hear the "Sega!" from yesteryear. Also Valkyria Chronicles is right there on screen for an extended period of time, including Selvaria and her torpedo tits.

Nintendo's is a bit too simplistic and predictable to me.

Sony's features characters and franchises I have no attachment to so the whole iconic feel it's going for falls flat.

Raonak

Banned
Playstation is the best one visually.

The other two look like they just reused some "20th aniversary" clip.

Last edited:

Hudo

Nintendo is alright because it evokes Nintendo. Sega and Playstation are obviously trying to ape the Marvel logo.

Xyphie

Sega one lingers way too long on the game screens, especially since the average person wouldn't be able to tell what those games are, cut out everything from 0:03 to 0:10 and it would be better.

Shin-Ra

Sega one lingers way too long on the game screens, especially since the average person wouldn't be able to tell what those games are, cut out everything from 0:03 to 0:10 and it would be better.
Think cinema huge display. True cinema 4K+ projection.

Shin-Ra

?

I mean it in a sense that the layperson going to the cinema has no idea what Nights into Dreams, Yakuza or Valkyria Chronicles is.
Gotcha. I don’t think most people seeing these movies GAS about the companies past releases, and even if the same people that made them still work there.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Sony would have won if they straight up just did a version of the ps1 boot up

I genuinely think this would be better. It's a more traditional, even both logos are shorter than other studios.

I'm really not a fan of the derivative MCU style "Show every character" thing. It was fine for MCU because that built and evolved within its own franchise, but it doesn't even work well outside of the Thanos Saga let alone for another company.

Short and sweet was always better. I know the Touchstone Cinema logo as well as any household brand out there.

Sega could do a variation of how the Sega logo would sometimes be different depending on the game. It would have more character and be more memorable than generic "Many concurrent bits of footage and zoom out".

IAmRei

If only sony use their first boot video, psx one. I like them and brings lot of nostalgia. And nintendo wins my opinion of opening movie logo because they are more catchy to see and feels so gaming for me.

Top Bottom