• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone PLEASE explain how Nicki's monster verse is some major feminist moment in history and why these white girls on tumblr are propping it up as one of the best verse in hip hop history?

Did every rapper in history just drop dead or something ?

Can someone PLEASE explain how Nicki's monster verse is some major feminist moment in history and why these white girls on tumblr are propping it up as one of the best verse in hip hop history?

Did every rapper in history just drop dead or something ?

1) Young tumblr kids with no sense of history

2) It's a good verse

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
that feel when you wake up the exact second before your alarm starts
jntOLb5.gif

Exactly after seeing this picture, Black Twitter jokes have lost their appeal. Like, whenever I read them now, I read them in some white guy's voice imitating a black guy voice.

It took this long breh? Black Twitter was never anything but a bunch of corny (lower-)middle class niggas being condescending.

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, he's black and gay.

He was talking about the fact that he'll NEVER come out to his family, and was telling me that as a whole the 'black community' in America is extremely homophobic, even the younger generation. Would you guys agree with this sweeping generalization? I know that in some of the hip hop forums I belong to there certainly seems to be a lot of black guys calling each other 'suspect' and saying 'pause' all the time, but I hesitate to infer cultural trends from a group of people on the Internet.

Is there anything to this stereotype in 2015?

jmood88

He was talking about the fact that he'll NEVER come out to his family, and was telling me that as a whole the 'black community' in America is extremely homophobic, even the younger generation. Would you guys agree with this sweeping generalization? I know that in some of the hip hop forums I belong to there certainly seems to be a lot of black guys calling each other 'suspect' and saying 'pause' all the time, but I hesitate to infer cultural trends from a group of people on the Internet.

Of course there's homophobia in the black community, like most, but I personally don't know a single black family that doesn't have a gay/lesbian person. But of course, his family could be shitty about it but if his concern is the black community as a whole, then he's being dumb about it.

Trey

I don't think black people are any more homophobic as a rule than any other race. But yes, it's present in the black community.

so the 12 jurors have been selected for the freddy gray case

Is it a diverse line up at least?

I know for sure the older generation of African people are still homophobic. My mom often references gay "friends" from her job and says she likes them but depending on the day mentions how the act is disgusting. I'm pan sexual but I can never come out with that. Like when I'm single and she's probing she always asks an accusatory "You're not gay are you? Because that's unholy/ungodly etc." A black friend I work with who is around my age and who I thought was pretty progressive has made it known in not so many words that he's not a fan either so I can't come out to him. Extremely might be harsh since there are a lot of the younger gen being more open minded. Black America's homophobia is not any more or less overt than America as a whole

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Might as well close this up. Everybody leaving early like somebody asked for help with the dishes after Thanksgiving dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom