• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I thought for sure we'd get a Shang Chi show to show who the real badass is.

Not sure I want one now.
Shang Chi caught an Old Power punch barehanded, something hulks have ever done

1295564-the_judgement_of_solomon__with_assistance_.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly Finn Jones is fine the material he has to work with is poor.

Yea I've been a little harsh on him, but I can see that there's potential there, just needs to be on Defenders which is hopefully where their A-game will be.

--

One thing I don't like about the Marvel Netflix shows that I see every now and then is how just because it's on Netflix, there's this sense that it is automatically better than stuff like AoS, Arrow, Legends, etc. I mean yea I'll admit, they definitely got better visuals, and at a time it was a much easier argument to make with Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones, but the stuff on network TV has improved (Well, some of them anyways) to the point where I no longer feel like there's this big gap for the most part. Like Agents for example, that's definitely the one I consider to be the best right now. Legends is enjoyable as fuck, Arrow has its best season since S2. Whereas shows like Luke Cage, DD S2, they're still good, but now we're noticing this whole trend where the 2nd half is kind of lacking and not as good as the first.

LionPride

Banned
Yall niggas ain't shit. Lol.

I got a full ride to UTK, but I don't wanna go there...

Plus this has lead to my mom and grandmother constantly saying "You should pray!"

Also fuck Nas.

Slayven

Looking for the name of a song. I only remember the lyrics "The poor, the brown they don't want you" or something like that. It was a fairly recent song like within the last year.

LionPride

Banned
Yea I've been a little harsh on him, but I can see that there's potential there, just needs to be on Defenders which is hopefully where their A-game will be.

--

One thing I don't like about the Marvel Netflix shows that I see every now and then is how just because it's on Netflix, there's this sense that it is automatically better than stuff like AoS, Arrow, Legends, etc. I mean yea I'll admit, they definitely got better visuals, and at a time it was a much easier argument to make with Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones, but the stuff on network TV has improved (Well, some of them anyways) to the point where I no longer feel like there's this big gap for the most part. Like Agents for example, that's definitely the one I consider to be the best right now. Legends is enjoyable as fuck, Arrow has its best season since S2. Whereas shows like Luke Cage, DD S2, they're still good, but now we're noticing this whole trend where the 2nd half is kind of lacking and not as good as the first.
Thing is, SHIELD, S1 of Flash, S1 of DD, JJ, Cage (for me), Current season of Arrow, hell Legion, are all top tier CBTV shows. Then you get stuff like DD S2, which is aight, but if I wanted aight I'd watch current Flash. I'd watch season 3/4 of Arrow. There is an expected higher quality for Netflix because DD S1 was so damn good. Now with (crazy)people feeling let down three times in a row, thet getting restless

And ignoring the GAWD Agents of Mainframe, I mean Hydra, I mean SHIELD.

zeemumu

Saw Kong: Skull Island. That was pretty fun. I'm really glad that
John C. Reilly survived to see his wife

Can't wait for that Kaiju cinematic universe.

Sch1sm

Yall niggas ain't shit. Lol.

I got a full ride to UTK, but I don't wanna go there...

Plus this has lead to my mom and grandmother constantly saying "You should pray!"

Also fuck Nas.

I understand having a dream school and all, but if I had to choose between racking up debt in another school (unless you secretly rich, in which case, lend Slay $20 already), or going for the full ride, I'd go for the full ride.

LotusHD

Banned
Thing is, SHIELD, S1 of Flash, S1 of DD, JJ, Cage (for me), Current season of Arrow, hell Legion, are all top tier CBTV shows. Then you get stuff like DD S2, which is aight, but if I wanted aight I'd watch current Flash. I'd watch season 3/4 of Arrow. There is an expected higher quality for Netflix because DD S1 was so damn good. Now with (crazy)people feeling let down three times in a row, thet getting restless

And ignoring the GAWD Agents of Mainframe, I mean Hydra, I mean SHIELD.

That's what I'm saying down. The quality has not been consistent, so now we at a time where the gap is a lot smaller imo

Malyse

I understand having a dream school and all, but if I had to choose between racking up debt in another school (unless you secretly rich, in which case, lend Slay $20 already), or going for the full ride, I'd go for the full ride.
Truth. Unless you aiming for a really specialized field, it really don't matter where you go to school.

Izuna

Banned
11 yo in UK reported to be having a baby

MSN.com comments are all like "hope she doesn't get benefits"

My country, ppl

Oh and I picked up the paper last week only to see 3 to 1 support for Trump's travel ban by readers.

Shy

Here's a good review of Iron Fist.
Afternoon BCT
Evening.
Is the show at least funny bad? I'm scared to watch it. It might make me want to break my PC in pieces.
Iron Fist is Boring

The pilot to Iron Fist was a bad Episoide of Arrow season one with out the fight choreography, the delusion that it's a prestige drama.
Iron fist in general just feels like Arrow. (or another cheap feeling Superhero show) and i've only watch the first 4 episodes.
Welp, another one already. Been walking this Earth for officially 20 years now. Feels like a lifetime.
Happy birthday Bronx (I share a birthday with you!)
Happy birthday gents.
I will say, though, that if she asked me to I'd throw y'all in the bushes like Vin did.
LMAO.

holy shit i'm not long for this world

I started practicing driving (I have a manual 2005 ford focus so its pedals are desensitized as shit) this week because it's my spring break and while I can do it and all, uh, I still can't consistently put more than 50-60 pounds on it, and ended up driving about 150 miles on top of getting out and bearing weight this afternoon. I live about 60 miles away from my university, drove around and did some other stuff in town, but tbh it was worth it for coffee and the only good Mexican food in the area. I ended up taking about 800mg of Motrin over the course of 5 or 6 hours while I was out and about, but this is, like, week 2 or week 3-tier discomfort and I'm not on any narcotics or anything. Put it on heat for an hour, just tried getting up to eat and almost passed out because I didn't eat enough today, so I made myself a hugeass parfait and now I'm in bed with ritz crackers with the heat on again hoping this passes.

That being said, holy shit i can finally drive again

EDIT: that being said part 2, this is destroying me for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom