• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The counter speech that sparked a revolution.

Shiki_

Banned
And what's the statistics on knife mass murders? 'This one case in Japan' does not cut it. If it was 'this one case of a guy with an AR' in the State we wouldn't be discussing it. Yes, you have a problem in your country.

I know that. Even the worse knife incidents in Japan are far isolated than the shootings in USA, that's is why is a laughable idea to think they are kinda the same. I'm thinking the people think they are as worse as a shooting have an insane idea about how the perpetrators are, like if they were from an anime or something like the following:
5463388a42b915af4d381a592fa7eb0dfaf855a0_hq.gif

Hint: look what kind of people are the perpetrators and the victims at the worst knife incidents in Japan and will discover why the number of causalities were kinda high: disturbed people who were familiar with the victims (workers who worked at the same facility where the victims used to socialized daily), who are themselves people in a position of vulnerability (kids, disabled people).

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Well I'm not living in the country famous for having school shootings every week.

I've said this before, but if claims like this are going to be posted, I guess I'll say it again.

In the last 36 years, an average of 4.38 students in the US have died in mass school shootings per year. A mass shooting being four or more people killed. Most school shootings take the life of one or two victims who were the intended targets of the killer. These killings could have still happened with any handgun, or even a kitchen knife. The fact that someone wants to murder someone else is the problem, not the way they choose to kill them.

See for yourself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

If all you're arguing is for the status quo to remain the same, where conservative idiots make all of us less safe because "muh gunz"... that is not a revolution. That is more like just being a dumbass and a pussy.

So let's say a battered wife divorces her abusive husband. He swears he's going to kill her, and she knows that he would, so she gets a restraining order. If she fights him hand to hand, he's going to kill her. If she calls the police, she'll be dead before they arrive. So based on what you've said above, if she buys a gun to protect her and her two children who he also abused, does that make her more of a dumbass or a pussy?

And more guns doesn't mean more gun violence. Having more guns doesn't mean less gun violence either. There's no correlation, much to the disappointment of anti-gun liberals and pro-gun conservatives everywhere.

This has also been posted before.

https://medium.com/@bjcampbell/ever...tween-gun-ownership-and-homicide-1108ed400be5

Last edited:
And what's the statistics on knife mass murders? 'This one case in Japan' does not cut it. If it was 'this one case of a guy with an AR' in the States we wouldn't be discussing it. Yes, you have a problem in your country.
Yoh don't find it odd they always have a drill planned for the same day as shooting, even last Vegas was predicted as the next shooting by name weeks before. Columbine and most other murders you can find pictures online with bodies and blood but none of the recent cases. It goes on and on. I thought they were nuts until law Vegas was predicted then it happened

A guy down the street from me got shot in the head with a pistol that was online the same day and dozens of school shootings and no footage ever? I don't buy it sorry

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Try to keep up. The comments are mocking the stupidity of this topic, and can do so while finding validity in the other topic.
The issue is with the people coming in here acting like this topic was created in a vacuum and mocking on that basis. And the OP in the other topic has been torn to shreds. Very shaky, the validity of the premises there.

The issue is with the people coming in here acting like this topic was created in a vacuum and mocking on that basis. And the OP in the other topic has been torn to shreds. Very shaky, the validity of the premises there.

It honestly feels like you're just trying to discredit people who are mocking the topic.

ar0s

Even if it's only 4.38 per year over 36 years, it compares to an average 0 a year over the last 36 years in most European countries. Even including mass knife and handgun attacks in schools it still sits at 0. It's insane to say it's not a problem based on carefully curated statistics (36 years!?)

prag16

Banned
It honestly feels like you're just trying to discredit people who are mocking the topic.
Comments like "lol how is this a revolution, he's asking for status quo" seemingly ignores the fact that the topic title itself is mocking another topic title. Without that original topic, if this video was posted it wouldn't have been under any "revolution" moniker. This is semantics at this point, so whatever.

Top Bottom