• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 3 announced

StueyDuck

I'm rather... divided on this announcement

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

I'll leave now

Meowtor

Gold Member
Loved 1 and put in a LOT of hours into it. 2 I fell off pretty quick sadly. Hopefully 3 goes back to a winter city game

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Hopefully it’s not for a few years and they put some real work into the game. The first game was OK but the second lacked direction.

Neilg

These were great 30 hour single player/co op campains. never got into the endgame.

Next one being set in london in the middle of winter would capture the feel of the first. its vaguely in the future, its ok if everyone figured out how to get guns.

tryDEATH

They need to go back to NYC and expand the map to an insane level most of Manhattan into a good chunk of East and Central Brooklyn down to Staten Island and accross to Jersey City. Lets us explore and find things I would still be playing the first game if it had more explore able area as it just looked so freaking amazing.

Portugeezer

They need to improve the weapon upgrade system. Getting the same weapons with slightly higher DPS gets boring after 20 hours.

Xtib81

Great news. Hope we leave the U.S this time. There's plenty of interesting settings in Europe and Asia.

DeaDPo0L84

Me and my friends loved the first two, but both suffered from barely any post launch support. Please find fuck it up.

phant0m

The first was one of the biggest letdowns since Watch Dogs. Has the second game in my Ubisoft library for ages but never had the desire to touch it (maybe I got it free, because I don't remember purchasing it).

Not holding my breath but would like to be pleasantly surprised.
Couldn’t disagree more. Division 1 had god-tier atmosphere and sound design alongside solid mechanics. The loot was decent but it kinda fell apart in the end game.

I’m guessing you didn’t like enemies being so spongey in a Clancy game?

Embearded

I have over 300 hours on D1 and close to than on D2. I loved both of them but D1 was better, maybe because it was so freah and well executed, i don't know.
I hope they evolve it even more but somehow make it closer to the first game.

Alebrije

Finally, Division is the best IP UBI has (besides AC)

Saddly this game will be ready for PS6 launch...so the long wait begins

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The 1st was fucking awesome. The atmosphere, music, missons! The snow, Christmas, the zone! New York! Man, what a ride that was!

The 2nd, eh.

The 3rd? It won't be the 1st. And it's current day UBI. Just redo the 1st, I'd buy that.

The Division 2 is one of the best TPS' I've ever played, this could be something special as a next-gen (current gen) only release but it sounds like we'll be waiting a while, good news nonetheless.

SkylineRKR

Division 1 was fun. I did play it for a while, eventually completing the challenge mode and the first 2 Incursions.

The problem of D1 was its post-game, and its PvP. It was rather terrible. The campaign however was really fun in co-op. I didn't regret my purchase just for that.

Brigandier

Ubisoft were the kings of bullshots weren't they.... the original trailer for The Division was incredible same with Watch Dogs... can we please have that level or higher fidelity now!!!!

Also make a new Rainbow Six you cunts

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Maybe this time they ll get this game running at the same quality as the E3 2013, thats right 10 year old trailer... geez, i m old :(

I think plenty of games exceeded that quality by a good margin, TLOU2 to mention one. The narration feels like playing an ND game, honestly.

The next one should easily exceed that quality because 2 is on that level.

Corian33

Interested for sure. I never played the first but spent quite a few hours with the second. Solid gameplay though I think I dropped it because it took so long for the first few updates. I guess they ended up doing a lot of content over time but it seemed like nothing was ever changing when I was playing.

The only problem with the game was when you were under leveled it felt silly shooting some dude in the face a thousand times without killing him.

lingpanda

Looking forward to Division 3. I continue to play Division 2 weekly since beta. Gameplay, mechanics, and end game loop better in everyway to the first. I will concede Division 1 was the better looking game and would prefer they go back to the winter setting either in New York or some other city.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Looking forward to Division 3. I continue to play Division 2 weekly since beta. Gameplay, mechanics, and end game loop better in everyway to the first. I will concede Division 1 was the better looking game and would prefer they go back to the winter setting either in New York or some other city.
Division 2 definitely plays better, but mechanically there are a few issues I have with it. Several stats are completely pointless on weaponry such as weapon handling. Most weapons have minuscule recoil which means you can mostly fire with impunity. This also renders certain talents pointless.

I would also like it if exotics had one additional random talent on them, or at least allow for them to drop with varied stats instead of them being set in stone. This would make them more inline with the other loot in the game, where you are constantly searching for the ideal version of gear. An example would be say, the Vile mask. You always get it with status effect and haz pro. Imagine if you could potentially get any other stats. Exotic drops in their current state are static and mostly a one-and-done affair.

On visuals, my hope with Division 3 is for them to do a true seasonal approach. What I mean is, they could literally rotate seasons in-game. Red Dead Online has all areas have snow during the holiday season which is pretty cool. Instead of being tied to calendar, they could make the seasons shift on a faster interval. I like both the summer and winter aesthetics for different reasons.

Top Bottom