• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Respawn

Banned
Tenck said:
Where do I start that one? I've heard nothing but good things about that quest line.
Town of Whitehall -Dragons Reach. House to the right just before going up the steps to the Castle.

q_q

Basileus777 said:
Does anyone know how to solve the puzzle in Blackreach
to get the Elder Scroll? Are these two buttons the only thing you have to work with? I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm not sure what to do and am afraid I missed something earlier in the dungeon.
I had trouble with this as well.
I just kept pressing the two buttons until the other ones opened up. You have to end up pressing all four buttons to complete the process, but the game doesn't really tell you how to get the other two to open. Just have to keep playing around with it. Or I'm sure someone has a youtube walkthrough up you can check out.

mileS

3chopl0x said:
Got all 9 dragon priest masks, too bad none of them interest me :p

Did you put them in "that" place and use the wooden mask yet? I just found that area last night. I can't wait to see what it actually does.

Duki

Banned
Duki said:
anyone figure out whether you can improve the nightingale armour/weapons to legendary with smithing? im lvl 100 and have all the perks and theyre only going to flawless :(
plz

want legendary bow

plzplz

AngryMoth

BigJonsson said:

This guy is a huge pain, you kill a
dragon
then walk up to the wall to get the shout and then BAM, another big fight
Fought him today too. Probably the toughest fight I've had in the game. Very difficult to get close to him so I ended up jumping in and out of cover and using some of my powerful staffs on him. Took about 20 minutes lol

AngryMoth said:
Fought him today too. Probably the toughest fight I've had in the game. Very difficult to get close to him so I ended up jumping in and out of cover and using some of my powerful staffs on him. Took about 20 minutes lol

I had to use a regen potion, Argonian Hitskin racial and duel wielded swords and backed him into a corner

How do the Dragon Priests turn your own conjurations against you? Is there anything I can do to stop that from happening, i.e. learn a spell to turn them back onto my side?

Echoplx

Some of the environments in this game look amazing.

i7V6PEaRfimm4.jpg

AngryMoth

Bungieware said:
How do the Dragon Priests turn your own conjurations against you? Is there anything I can do to stop that from happening, i.e. learn a spell to turn them back onto my side?
If their is a spell I haven't found it. First thing I did was summon a a frost atronoch and a flame atronoch. Suffice to say it did not go well.

Echoplx

Easiest way to take them on is if you use the Slow Time shout, especially if you have it upgraded fully. Can kill them before they even turn around :lol

Zeliard

Bungieware said:

The Oblivion Binding perk for Bound weapons says it turns zombies and banishes summons. I haven't snagged it yet but that's probably worth a shot.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Really loving this (Thieves Guild Spoiler)
Skeleton Key
. I'm gonna have to do a bit of dungeon raiding with this thing before I turn it back in.

Noone spoil whether I get to keep it or not plz!

Trevelyon

Just got
Sanguine Rose
and now I'm fully tanking with that badass conjure and the black star and a 55 dmg bow enhanced/with soul trap.

A friend of mine hates the game.. whats wrong with him?

On an unrelated note im running about with 6 unassigned perks because I can't decide what to sink them in

Luthos

Well I've stopped playing. And I may not play again until Bethesda releases a PS3 patch.

What started out as a perfectly fine/smooth experience, by now has turned into a ridiculously laggy mess. I hear it has something to do with the save files getting bigger and bigger?

Echoplx

mileS said:
Did you put them in "that" place and use the wooden mask yet? I just found that area last night. I can't wait to see what it actually does.

Well yes, that's how you get the 9th mask.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Bit silly, but I've been mainly wandering and doing sidequests and exploring random caves, so I haven't actually had occasion to try ascending to High Hrothgar. I hear there are supposed to be some steps up the mountain, but I haven't been able to find them despite exploring nearly the entire base of the thing. Anyone know where I'm supposed to go?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Cudder said:
Now that you've noticed? How long did it go unnoticed for you? It is absolutely HORRIBLE on the PS3. It makes Oblivion look better overall, imho.

Seriously. I would rather have no shadows than this crap.

Zeliard

DarthWoo said:
Bit silly, but I've been mainly wandering and doing sidequests and exploring random caves, so I haven't actually had occasion to try ascending to High Hrothgar. I hear there are supposed to be some steps up the mountain, but I haven't been able to find them despite exploring nearly the entire base of the thing. Anyone know where I'm supposed to go?

You have to go by way of Ivarstead, and the easiest way to get there earlier on is to go out from Riverwood and into the mountains.

Wallach

Bungieware said:

They're using the Conjuration spell Command Daedra to put it under their control. Expert rank spell.

I found that it is possible to fight them at this if you are patient. If you summon one, let them Command it, then summon another, they won't really attempt to check for a new active summon to steal until your new one dies; since when it became active they already had their own active summon). So once you summon a second one, you can help kill of your previous one that they now control (most easily through Oblivion Binding, which will simply one-shot it) and it shouldn't try to cast Command on your current summon (though it will definitely try and blast it apart).

I haven't encountered one since learning Command Daedra for myself, so I can't say whether you can simply cast Command and reclaim a summon. I don't think it would help though, because they will be able to recast it as well if it is the only active summon being fought over and unless you have drastically reduced your Conjuration magicka costs you will surely not win a magicka pool battle with one of them.

I'm still really early in the game trying to get the
dragon stone
or some such shit. This dungeon just keeps going and going...I don't know if that's good or bad but damn...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ilive1up said:
how does the black star item work?

Cast soul trap on a human, if it dies within the duration the black star traps the (grand) soul, which you can then use to enchant gear or recharge an enchanted weapon. Reusable.

Ilive1up said:
how does the black star item work?

Cast Soul Trap(or use a weapon with soul trap/bound weapon with trap perk) on a human. Then kill them. Their soul gets absorbed in the Black Star or any open Black Soul Gems. You can then use it like any other soul gem for enchanting/recharging items, except it doesnt disappear and you can fill it up over and over!

Zeliard

Wallach said:
They're using the Conjuration spell Command Daedra to put it under their control. Expert rank spell.

I found that it is possible to fight them at this if you are patient. If you summon one, let them Command it, then summon another, they won't really attempt to check for a new active summon to steal until your new one dies; since when it became active they already had their own active summon). So once you summon a second one, you can help kill of your previous one that they now control (most easily through Oblivion Binding, which will simply one-shot it) and it shouldn't try to cast Command on your current summon (though it will definitely try and blast it apart).

I haven't encountered one since learning Command Daedra for myself, so I can't say whether you can simply cast Command and reclaim a summon. I don't think it would help though, because they will be able to recast it as well if it is the only active summon being fought over and unless you have drastically reduced your Conjuration magicka costs you will surely not win a magicka pool battle with one of them.

These guys sound like fun. Can you spoilerize a spot where I can find one? Unless they're part of the main quest, I guess.

Edit: Oh actually nm, I think I'm about to meet one in the
Mage College questline

Ilive1up

xelios said:
Cast soul trap on a human, if it dies within the duration the black star traps the (grand) soul, which you can then use to enchant gear or recharge an enchanted weapon. Reusable.

thanks for clearing that up. i was just killing things, waiting for it to happen. didn't realize i had to cast soul trap first.

if i have bounded weapon, with auto soul trap on them (the perk), will it go into the black star right away?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My coworker brought in his laptop from home and is playing Skyrim right next to me I WANT TO MURDER HIS FACE

Zeliard

Wallach said:
You're going to run into one soon, worry not.

Yeah edited my post, I think I'm about to run into one.

Ilive1up said:
thanks for clearing that up. i was just killing things, waiting for it to happen. didn't realize i had to cast soul trap first.

if i have bounded weapon, with auto soul trap on them (the perk), will it go into the black star right away?

Yes. The soul will always go into the best available open gem. That's why you have to be careful not to fill your valuable gems with weak souls.

Shane86

Clevinger said:
Just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline. Damn, that was awesome.
The last mission on the boat is epic! I have the emperor's robes on the mannequin in the dawnstar sanctuary as a sort of trophy

Wanace

Is there a way to make black soul gems out of your normal ones?

I remember in Oblivion you could go to a Necromancer's cave and use the altar outside, put your soul gem in and when the purple light was shining down from the correct phase of the moon or whatever you could cast soul trap on the altar and change it to a black gem.

Any way to do that in Skyrim?

Fjordson

Just had an epic battle with that Krosis mother fucker. Me and Marcurio were fighting for a good five minutes. Many potions were drank.

And his mask is so good.

GhaleonEB

Scullibundo said:
Thankyou!
Hah. When I was looking for a city to buy my first house in, I initially went to Markath. I walked into the city and decided in about five seconds not to buy there as my first, because I knew I'd never find the damn thing. :lol

Saving up for the one in Solitude instead.

3chopl0x said:
Some of the environments in this game look amazing.

i7V6PEaRfimm4.jpg

This dungeon was so awesome. Every dungeon I've done so far has had some type of unique element like that, none of the obvious repetition that set in early on in Oblivion. I love the little stories left behind in some of the caves in the form of journals and notes, they really give the place a sense of history.

Echoplx

I'm lvl 50 and have 11 perks to spend, but not really interested in anything. Is there a chance more skills/perk choices will be added in DLC? If not I may just chuck some in dual wielding so I can use two deadric war axes :p

Zeliard

To clarify on soul-trapping, a soul will always go into the best available gem for its respective size. So if you have petty gems then the petty souls will always go into them, and so on.

What you have to be careful of is that you're not trapping small souls when the only open gems you have are the more valuable ones.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Where can I sell all this stuff I'm picking up? Most vendors only buy certain items and they don't want all the junk I'm picking up. Should I just drop it? Or is there somewhere I can sell it?

Mudo

I am trying to play the PC version of the game on my TV with a 360 controller. Everything seems to be fine except I can't figure out what button activates the "wait" command so I can pass time when needed. I can't find it anywhere online either. Help?!

NBtoaster

Mudo said:
I am trying to play the PC version of the game on my TV with a 360 controller. Everything seems to be fine except I can't figure out what button activates the "wait" command so I can pass time when needed. I can't find it anywhere online either. Help?!

Back.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I keep seeing people mention Krosis...I've only seen Volsung. I hope Krosis isn't somehow harder than that motherfucker, his spell basically froze me in my place. It was also in the middle of fucking nowhere so I couldn't lure him into anything.

frozzted

ilnadmy said:
Where can I sell all this stuff I'm picking up? Most vendors only buy certain items and they don't want all the junk I'm picking up. Should I just drop it? Or is there somewhere I can sell it?

Did you try "general" stores? IE: Belethor in Whiterun (I think that's where he is)

Mudo

NBtoaster said:

Ok, that back button seems to open the Favorites menu and I don't see anywhere to wait. You mean the button that is normally the Select button on other controllers, right?

Top Bottom