• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first ‘NFT games console’ has been announced.

Kataploom

Gold Member
NFT consoles, ah OK? Metaverse, NFTs blockchain games, I don't get any of this shit and I'm not interested in getting it.
Basically no one is, only those wanting to get money from it, the rest of us is already good enough without that shit, the only ones I've seen saying it's the future outside that group are those that can't have their own opinions or else they'll implode or whatever. This console is just a perfect representation of why that happens, see how you're supposed to get one, goddammit 😂

ManaByte

Some made up mineral you mine for crafting in video games.
R.cf431b334764325023ff1eca5598ee64

DaGwaphics

iu

These three lines are just *chef's kiss* perfection.

Anyone dumb enough to pre-order this 100% deserves getting scammed.

I can see them spending a lot in RnD on that, I mean they are going to have 10,000 potential customers. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This will be great for the world, gamers and console owners. Totally not a scam and well worth every buck they claim it will cost (or earn you)

Said no one ever 😁

Smasher89

I feeel like the Ouya will be a success compared to this one, but I guess it has it market, 3 people that still buys the scam that NFT is.

Web 3 games are basically early 2010 mobile games. We just play it in the browser. Maybe this can give people a push to make web 3 games a little more complex. NFT in games it's not too crazy, think of it as pokemon cards, amibos, collectables. You buy a character, a item, play them sell, trade,collect. Some games you can play for free or spend like 5 dollars. Don't know why gaf is so angry about nfts, you pay, play, get some fun, maybe 0.00001% chance you make money with it. It's just normal gaming.

Skifi28

"you don't understand how this works"

I have to question any businessman whose main audience does not understand what they are trying to sell them or why they should care.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You probably can never turn it off and its constantly mining.

EDIT - Wow I missed this - "Despite Polium’s admission that only four people are working on the hardware, it also claims that the console will be capable of 8K HDR at 120fps and ray tracing."

Last edited:

Amin_Parker

Damn the Gamecube had a sick logo.
Sometimes I wish that Nintendo would bring it back but I honestly love to Switch brand so much that I'm okay with them focusing on the Switch brand but don't get it twisted I do believe the GameCube logo and it's brand is very intriguing and lovable.

ManaByte

You probably can never turn it off and its constantly mining.

EDIT - Wow I missed this - "Despite Polium’s admission that only four people are working on the hardware, it also claims that the console will be capable of 8K HDR at 120fps and ray tracing."

Has anyone seen Trip Hawkins?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Despite Polium’s admission that only four people are working on the hardware, it also claims that the console will be capable of 8K HDR at 120fps and ray tracing.

LAMO. 21st century snake oil.

nowhat

Despite Polium’s admission that only four people are working on the hardware, it also claims that the console will be capable of 8K HDR at 120fps and ray tracing.

LAMO. 21st century snake oil.
There was an image of Pong posted earlier of the thread. And in the off chance this will ever materialize, I'm fairly confident that Pong could be rendered at 8K/120fps, in HDR, with optional blackjack and hookers.

(Which is to say, pure specs in themself mean fuck all. Also, I have no hope for this to actually turn into a physical product, but my popcorn stash is ready.)

ManaByte

There was an image of Pong posted earlier of the thread. And in the off chance this will ever materialize, I'm fairly confident that Pong could be rendered at 8K/120fps, in HDR, with optional blackjack and hookers.

(Which is to say, pure specs in themself mean fuck all. Also, I have no hope for this to actually turn into a physical product, but my popcorn stash is ready.)

I've heard Abandoned is a launch title for this.

Aenima

"- Bro, i went to the doctor and i have bad news. I got Polium.
- Oh shit, what level?
- Polium One"

Top Bottom