• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first ‘NFT games console’ has been announced.

I'm not sure how you can read thru their entire pitch and think it would be a good idea to buy into any of that 🤦‍♂️

The sad thing is they will probably find 10,000 ppl willing to buy into it... with many more clamoring to get in on it.

Sentenza

Hopefully it'll generate new crowbcat video

For all its failure to appeal to the market, the OuYA was an actual product that existed and did exactly what promised to do (being a cheap device to play indie games).
This is a very different scenario.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
shocked soulja boy GIF by #1 For Hip Hop, HOT 97

Spaceman292

Banned
Web 3 games are basically early 2010 mobile games. We just play it in the browser. Maybe this can give people a push to make web 3 games a little more complex. NFT in games it's not too crazy, think of it as pokemon cards, amibos, collectables. You buy a character, a item, play them sell, trade,collect. Some games you can play for free or spend like 5 dollars. Don't know why gaf is so angry about nfts, you pay, play, get some fun, maybe 0.00001% chance you make money with it. It's just normal gaming.
lol you chump

belmarduk

It would be extremely difficult to get into the console business nowadays… and one based off NFTs which everyone hates? This this is going to be DOA.

Gold Member
8k 120FPS with Ray Tracing? Yet no games announced for it? And what ungodly GPU that fits in that box is powering that? Hmmm :unsure:

I mean tbf, if anyone pays up front for their 'Premium NFT' then they deserve to be scammed, but its low effort at best with that spec sheet (& logo, wow)!

spawn

I went to the original twitter post to see the comments and most of the tops posts are a bunch of NFT and crypto bros posting LFG! To the moon :messenger_rocket::messenger_rocket::messenger_rocket: and a bunch of garbage.

What games is it really going to play? Are you going to play the Witcher or COD on it or is it just a bunch of mobile game garbage where you can buy microtransactions with ETH

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble

Multi-chain Web 3 Console​

resize

06d87b0d0f2d6fade875a52288dcfb50.jpg

GameCube???​

FW2ECvUXEAIEOu_

• Multi-chain wallet for trading, swapping, and bridging.
  • Download games, metaverses, and apps
  • Wallet button to quickly access your wallet while in a game.
  • Buy & Trade NFTs and In-Game Items.
  • Fingerprint Scanner
  • Wallet button to quickly access your wallet while in a game.
  • Haptic Feedback
  • Headphone jack to voice chat.
  • Sensitive touchpad.
  • Check leaderboards, transactions, and game activity.
  • Stay connected with your friends with messaging and voice chat.
Polium

Now I know gaf loves web 3.0 and NFT's. I'm sold on the dedicated wallet button.

So I suggest we get this thing off the ground :messenger_tears_of_joy: I hope this thing is some troll

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
They're better putting up a Steam Machine using Steam OS now that SteamOS is finally making a comeback with Steam Desk, then add all their shit above it, at least people with actual gaming needs can see them as a viable option lmao.

So, they're giving themselves until 2024 to figure out how to make the scam work. This shit is dead even before it began.

Oh, and Wallet Button? I want to see the reactions on that. It's ridiculous. They really keep trying to push NFTs. When I read OP, I thought it was april fools, with that description of with this sets out to be.

Teslerum

I know I'm a dumbdumb, but can someone explain to me what a blockchain is?

I've seen that word thrown around a thousand times, regarding crypto, regarding websites that are apparently *built* on it, and a whole lot of other times, but nothing that indicates the concept behind it. You apparently just have to *know*.

I've been confused for years.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Okay, they got me with the "We didn't rip off Gamecube's logo, but we'll come up with a new one that's original,"

First rule of salesmanship, never show up with a product that isn't air tight. If you crumble at the first sign of opposition, your credibility is gone. He should have been like

"Ripoff? I had to rip your mom off this dick, boy,"

Or something.

Top Bottom