• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first 25 minutes of Forspoken is making me want a Parasite Eve remake. No spoilers.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Made me really curious to know what a Parasite Eve remake would look like. Also PE2, but first things first.

Mixed race protag?
Female?
Magic? (it would be science based, but you get the idea)
New York during Christmas time?

Sign me the eff up!
Square:
kFmOiBD.jpg

GymWolf

The whole game make me want a new infamous.

Traversal and combat are great in this one tho (basically the only thing that work)

I fear whatever modern square would do to parasite eve, i prefer to maintain the sweet memories i have.

-Zelda-

Banned
The whole game make me want a new infamous.

Traversal and combat are great in this one tho (basically the only thing that work)

I fear whatever modern square would do to parasite eve, i prefer to maintain the sweet memories i have.
How about a PE 1 and 2 remaster at the very least?

The Shepard

I'd take that or a a PS1 remaster. We in Europe didn't play the first and superior one as it didn't get a release here sadly. I played it with my modded PS1. My fave game I played that didn't get a release here.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm okay with any type of remake provided you can play the original on current gen systems. FFVII changed dramatically and if you aren't a fan of Remake then you have the original at hand.

As much as I love REmake 2, I'd rather have the original RE2 on current systems too.

I'd love a remake of PE but, I want the first 2 on current gen first.

Guilty_AI

Playing the demo gave me a desire to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles X for the open world.
Or Little Witch Nobeta for the magic combat.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It gets -a lot- better after beating sila, but it has a pretty rough start, the entire prison segment at the start is just infuriating.
I never found the start rough but it does get better the more magic you get

The best powers in any game imo

The Fartist

Gold Member
Made me really curious to know what a Parasite Eve remake would look like. Also PE2, but first things first.

Mixed race protag?
Female?

Sign me the eff up!
So, Parasite Reee?

Remaster\remake ok, not whatever they did to ff7.
Square isn't the problem, it's Nomura. He's trying to hard to be some kind of lapsed, manga Christopher Nolan with all his try hard, convuluted aloof bullshit.

If he touches PE you can guarantee Ava becomes a bigger celibate bitch than she was in the original game & you can bet your genitals there'll be some time travel/alternative dimension crap shoehorned in because its the only story he likes to tell.

poodaddy

I don't trust modern Square with it. They fuck up everything they touch. Wouldn't mind a port of Parasite Eve, but I don't need SE fuckin up such a perfect game. Just look at how shit everything they've put out lately has been.

Mixed race protag?
Female?

Sign me the eff up!
with that writing?!.. Pfff no.

I really don't trust SE at all.

Edit: Furthermore, Aya is a sensual character that embraces her femininity (1,2). plus, some themes could be "offensive" to some people.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Not sure why you would say that. Have you ever played Parasite Eve? Aya Brea is half japanese have caucasion american.
I did it all for the bantz, don't look too deep into what I've said, just having fun. No, I've never played it, but I'm very much aware of the short-lived series. I subscribed to PSM back in the day and it was thoroughly covered. My perception of the game, back then, was Resident Evil meets Final Fantasy, but I was probably totally wrong.

-Zelda-

Banned
Did I have a stroke?
Where is the connection between these games?
If you knew anything about Parasite Eve 1, you would understand my post, so yeah, you did have a stroke.

Both characters are women and mixed race, both games take place in New York at christmas time (only for a few minutes in forspoken, but it was enough to make me curious), both games feature protags with strong magical powers or magic like powers. I'll even go further in that both games feature a protagonist in which during their opening gaming moments have to deal with a situation that involves Fire. Though in opposit ways, both characters deal with Law enforcement.

Top Bottom