• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Real Musical Shooter: Otocky (Rez Fans, Please Enter)

So yesterday a friend of mine brought up the subject of Otocky on my blog, which he best described as essentially "an 8-bit version of Rez." I had heard of it not too long ago... its a title from Toshio Iwai, who's also behind Electroplankton... but was never able to really find out more since I never had the proper spelling, plus those I had asked didn't know what the hell I was talking about anyway.

But I've finally found some info right here. Has anyone else heard of this game, or even played it?

otocky.gif

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I just bought it a few months ago and have played the rom a bit, since both my regular FDS and my TwinFami need belt replacements ( :( ).

I don't have much to add to AG's synopsis at this point, other than to say that each instrument functions as a different weapon with unique firing patterns, from straight shots forward, to return-shots that can go vertically or horizontally, 8-way spreads, etc.

The boxart and manual are adorned by some 80's idoru, so I assume at least a few of the songs are cover versions of some ancient pop hit. I haven't had the chance yet to look up exactly who she was.

Interesting and kinda cool, but not really a very good game. And if anyone gives a damn about downloading the ROM of a nearly 20-year-old game, cry me a river.

FiRez

:D yeah, it was a nice google match too.

but back on topic what bother me most of this game is the control of the character is too slow to avoid some enemies, but it's still a good game.
I wish I could go back to play this when I was child :)

Top Bottom