• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The guy from "The Lone Survivor" is a scumbag

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/06/10/...lone-survivor-operation-red-wings-458139.html

An extremely long story, far too long to post here. But long story short: The Navy SEAL who was saved by the Pashtun basically uses him as a photo op for his upcoming movie (at the time). After this he completely cuts him off. When the Pashtun moves here to live a safe life because of numerous attempts from the Taliban to kill him and his family, the Navy SEAL tries to have him deported claiming he fears for his own life.

I'm fucking appalled. This man put his own life and his own family's lives on the line for you and you betray him and try to have him deported back to Afghanistan so the Taliban can kill him? What the fuck. Apparently he's doing this because the Pashtun does not corroborate the Navy SEAL's story. His story is that they were ambushed and wrecked in an instant. There was no prolonged gunfight like he claims there was.

Definitely puts Luttrell in a bad light, but I also wanna hear his side of the story. Why would he suddenly get so icy with Gulab after repeatedly expressing that he loves him, hanging out with him, giving him thousands of dollars to help his family etc...

Not saying that Gulab is a liar, but I don't think we know the whole story.

Definitely puts Luttrell in a bad light, but I also wanna hear his side of the story. Why would he suddenly get so icy with Gulab after repeatedly expressing that he loves him, hanging out with him, giving him thousands of dollars to help his family etc...

Because Gulab was contradicting his story.

It's propaganda.

Memoirs aren't inherently propaganda.

Because he was using Gulab as a prop? Not that hard to figure it out. Asshole is not worth for good man like Gulab to risk everything for.

Because he was using Gulab as a prop? Not that hard to figure it out. Asshole is not worth for good man like Gulab to risk everything for.

I'm glad Gulab is safe in the USA, for now. Honestly I wish someone could help him get a conceal carry permit so he can legally carry a pistol. People like him would make a prime target for nutjobs.

It's fucked up how hard entire units petition for their translators and their families to be granted visas to come here to stave off violent retribution to not receive them but shit like this happens and the dude gets a movie because he used this poor man as a media opportunity.

Whole thing is gross.

I just want him to respond to this article and see what he says. That's all. I'm always wary of stories where you only hear one side. Maybe he has a legitimate reason for his actions, and maybe he's just an ass.

Top Bottom